Gold class pastrami

Started by LilSmoker, December 08, 2007, 06:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilSmoker

Hi all, last weekend the wife and i were sorting out the freezers ready for Christmas, we were sorting through everything, when i discovered a nice piece of beef sirloin (roasting joint).

I convinced my wife to let me have the joint for the BS, as it was such a nice cut of meat, and as i have a weakness for pastrami, i decided this would be the mother of all pastramis.

I unrolled the meat and trimmed it to resemble a real chunky brisket cut, i then trimmed and and cured in the usual way, except i left the curing a day longer than usual, as the meat was thicker than usual.

After the meat came out of the BS, i would normaly wrap and FTC for a couple of hours, but this stuff almost fell apart!

It was absolutely awesome!, i can't tell you how moist and tender it was

If there's any left i'll post some pics, but i've never seen such a big piece of meat dissappear so quickly!

Only drawback is that the joint was quite expensive, but definately my best pastrami yet, worth every penny!

The local pub is still asking for samples, but this stuff is far too good for that, it's real gold class stuff!

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

3rensho

Sounds like some amazing stuff.  That would interest Gordan Ramsay.  By all means post some pix if you get a chance.    What's next?  Kobi beef pastrami?? 

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Habanero Smoker

Sounds good. I may give this a try. What internal temperature did you take it to.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Sounds wonderful LS.  Send me some before you let any go to the pub.  :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

Sorry no pics guys, my daughters popped round while i was at work and found my stash, according to my wife, they started eating it, and couldn't stop  :'(

My wife found the look on my face quite amusing when i opened the fridge, maybe she won't find it so funny when she finds out that i have plans for the other piece of beef that's still in the freezer

I'll get pics up next time  ;)

Habs: I removed the pastrami at 160 f IT, i might even FTC the next one?, although this piece didn't need it  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes