Successful weekend!

Started by winemakers, November 21, 2007, 05:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winemakers

The local wholesale store had pork butt for $1.29/lb so Sunday set itself up as a fine day.  Warmed up my smoking muscles by cold smoking 10 lbs of cheddar in the am while boning and grinding the 4 butts purchased the day before.  Christmas and T'day cheese snacks set.

The first adventure was mix/stuff/smoke roughly 18 pounds of kielbasa.  While those bits of Polish paradise were smoking, the remaining 18 pounds of butt were mixed and stuffed as breakfast sausage, roughly half linked, half patties.  To facilitate pattying (spelling?) we stuffed 1 lb of the sausage into plastic storage bags and partially froze them.  When these tubes of goodness were firm, we sliced them into patties and vac-paced them for storage.

A great day was had by all.  My boys love turning the stuffer handle, and as you can well imagine, when linking about 10 pounds of 19mm links, there is plenty of turning to do.

we had a ball, and will all eat well as a result.  The neighbors seem to love it as well.

mld

West Coast Kansan

Sounds like a wonderful weekend with the boys...excellent!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

Mmmmm. Sounds great. Love it when I do up 20 pounds of links. ;) :)

Habanero Smoker

I agree. It sounds real good.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Stickbowcrafter

Ah, yes, after me own heart  ;D

-Brian