Timer problem

Started by Smoking Duck, December 14, 2007, 09:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

OK, it's really my fault but I'm real good at pushing blame off of myself...........

Had to run to the store (about 45 minutes).  Forgot to check the timer on my smoker.  When I came back, my ET-73 was beeping as the smoker temp had gone below the range I'd set.  Obviously, as cold as it is today (28*), the meat lost a little temp (went from 160-154).  Never got into the danger zone so hopefully there will be no problem. 

Am I going to run into anything other than a little more time to get the pork to the temp?

Thanks!

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

I had that happen once as well. I don't think you have any problem to worry about except the time factor being a little longer. The temp didn't drop that much to worry about.

So.... If supper is going to be late maybe I can make it there!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Thanks Mike.  I hoped that was the case but wanted to make sure.

As always, you're more than welcome.  And bring some Labatt's Blue when you come on down :D

Marc

iceman

Your perfectly safe Smoking Duck. Like Walleye said it's just going to take a bit longer. Hope you have a great weekend. :)

KyNola

You certainly don't need my 2 cents worth as you have the word of two of the experts on this forum.  If they say you're good to go then you're good to go.  I did want to help you shirk a little of the responsibility though.  Blame it on the ET-73 not beeping loud enough for you to hear it while you were gone to the store! ;D

KyNola

begolf25

Marc,

Didn't your ET-73 come with a belt clip for your wireless receiver? Your supposed to wear that thing to the store so you know what is going on!  I am sure you wouldn't have been out of range.;D ;D

Smoking Duck

Brian,

I was gonna wear it but was afraid it would go off because of the shoplifting machines; the next thing you know, I got 3 blue-haired old ladies and a 375 lb guy with three teeth jumping me.  ;D.  The thought made me shutter, although I do remember trying to come up with something that would alert me if something went wrong.  Now, all I gotta do is rig the ET-73 to call my cell when the temp deviates from my plans.  I'm sure I'm on to something; just can't figure out how to make it dial  :D

Wildcat

Check with Sparky. I think he was working on a way to activate a worm hole with a Maverick.  :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

You know, Sparky reminds me of the guy that Radar used to talk to in MASH.  I'll bet he could come up with something.

Anyways, the pork butt came out great (my personal best; or should I say my Bradley's personal best as I really don't think I did much other than to purchase it and throw on some rub.  Of course, my wife will never hear these words  ;)).  Gonna finish shredding the remaining and vacuum seal it for a later date.

bigredsmoker

Glad I read your post Marc. I ran out right away and checked my box timer. Thanks!!

Terry

Smoking Duck

I love it when others learn from my mistakes.  I'll bet I make that mistake again, though.  Smoke, beer and brain cells.....what a great combination.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Did someone page Sparky? Sorry, I was on the other side of the wormholes checking out the new planets being discovered across the Milky Way......

Edwin Hubble

Gizmo

Yes and you left the worm hole open last night around midnight. I saw a bunch of them sparklers falling through it.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

Dang! Forgot to shut the door......   :o

Arcs_n_Sparks