Smart N Final Has $7.99 Prime Ribb This Weekend

Started by owrstrich, December 14, 2007, 06:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

i got 2 seven point five pound packs of boneless prime ribb... i may have to go get more if its any good... its stamped prime... thats a good thing... $3.99 boneless ribb eye roasts too...

i gotts brisket on all 4 racks right now... im doing the gizzerdmoe boat technique this effort... we shall see if i can pull it off or if the gizzerdmoe is truly magic...

crazy aint it...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Gizmo

Sounds awesome.  To late to hit them up tonight as they'll be closing just as we get there.  I would be really suspicious of it being true prime prime rib.  I have never seen anything but select in their coolers, not that I frequent the store enough to know.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

owrstrich

i got prime twice from s n f... once ink stamped into the meat... once stamped on the pack... the ribb eye roasts were select on the pack... the prime ribb roasts were marked prime...

here is the flat... the same thing happened to me as to gizz about duration... took 2 brisket packs and cut them in half... rubbed them down and loaded them up... hit them with 4 hours of oak at 200deg...

took them out and boated with a 1/2 coffee cup worchestershire... put in 210deg 2 shelf oven... flats on top... big ends on bottom... turned the oven off at 185 internal on the top shelf...

from load to boat to 185 was 9 hours... pulled foil back on flat after 5 hours off in oven... oven no heat for 5 hours... brisket in boat still warm and ready for grubbing... 14 hours from load to plate with 5 hours being buffer...

the taste test... smokey with slight essence of worcestershire on the bottom and a little kick from rubb on top... juicy throughout...

this is one of my best brisket efforts... thanks gozzerdmoe for showing me the way...

owrstrich

Mr Walleye

Holy "cow" O!

I'm drooling all over the keyboard again!  ;D

Looks great!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Now that made me hungry and of course, the rain just started here in NW FL.  I have just simply got to get around to putting together a small shelter.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Gizmo

Looks like some good chow there O.  Picked up 2 prime ribs at SnF.  No markings as to quality.  Will be part of the Xmas dinner again this year along with turkey.  I think I'll get to smoke this one first.  :)

owrstrich

i will let you know tomorrow how they are... gonna put some smoke on them and finish them off under the broiler...

now to the matter at hand... that gizzerdmoe brisket boat application wont only knock your socks off... it will knock your wig off...

crazy aint it...

owrstrich

Arcs_n_Sparks

Oh oh...  Looks like anti-gravity from frequent wormhole transfers is soaking in...   :o

Stephen Hawking

Gizmo

And Santa brought O some DippyDO.  A Little Dab will do ya.

owrstrich

fing beautiful... i gotta dye my mop black now...

im going against my hot and fast approach... i filled my water pan... a wall to wall roaster pan... with ice... im putting 3 hours of cherry on them with no heating element... 1 giant pig loin and 2 7.5 lbs ribbs on 3 upper shelves...

im gonna pull the ribbs at 3 hours and finish them off 1 at a time under the broiler to 130 internal... tent for 1/2 hour and slice in 3/4 slabbs for the hotel staff here...

im going for cold smoke and hot finish for a blend of smoke flavor and nice crust... we shall see how it works out...

i gotts the ribb slabbs and two kinds of horseradish for their enjoyment... this is our 5th year here at approx 180 nights a year... there are 6 hotel staff that have been her the whole time... they are very nice to us...

owrstrich

Smoking Duck

Hey O,

You weren't the principal from Ferris Bueller's Day Off were you?  You put a little red in your hair and hot dang, you could be his brother!  ;) ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

owrstrich

ok... 3 hours of cherry with no heat... the box got up to 100 degrees at the end... the ribb was 79 degrees internal...

more later...

owrstrich

owrstrich

i should have taken a photo of the one i gave the hotel folks... it looked better... i accidently scrapped the top of this on knocking of the crust...

ribb out of oven... 1.25 hours at 300 degrees with internal at 125 degrees... tent and rest... wow... the best i have ever done...

pig loin out at 150 degrees internal...

owrstrich

La Quinta

Man that looks good "O". Really, really nice. Looks perfectly cooked....Bob would try to "take you down" and run off with that bad boy!!!  (Well...he'd try......)!!! :)