New Guy

Started by race.fan, December 20, 2007, 07:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

race.fan

Hi Everyone. Another big smoker from the Toronto area. I have been looking at the Bradley Digital smoker for some time now(the six rack). It’s so close to Christmas and it time to get myself a gift.  ;D
I presently have a Masterbuilt 7in1 gas smoker. It’s ok but very limited on the cooking space.
The Bradley looks very easy to operate. I have not noticed a lot of talk about PIDs & DiDigiQII.
Do allot of you guys use this stuff and how easy is it to operate?
I enjoy smoking my favorite: Pork Butt, Ribs, Shrimp, Chicken plus a range of other goods.
I did a beef tenderloin in the summer that turned out amazing. Oh can’t forget the very popular ABT’s.
Anyway I am looking forward to being a part of this forum..

Thanks
race.fan

Mr Walleye

Hi Race.fan & welcome to the forum!

You will find alot of people use the DBS or OBS just the way they come. Although there are a number who, like me have to tinker!  ::)
The DIGIQ II is a plug & play type of control. The PID is something you have to build, but once built it is also a plug & play type as well.

You'll enjoy the forum, lots of very knowlegable friendly people. Also if you click on the smoker at the bottom of my post it will take you to Old's Recipe site which has lots of tried & true recipes.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Welcome race.fan.
Walleye pretty much said it all on the extra controllers.
Basically they give you a reliable way to maintain proper heat to the tower.
Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

hillbillysmoker

Welcome to the forum. As you can see there are lots of friendly folks here always willing to help.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Welcome race.fan...sounds like you're a "seasoned" smoker...you'll love the Bradley. We are OBS owners but my one experience, with it,  at Gizmo's was...that the Digital is sweet!!! Looks good...smokes good!! :) :)

Smoking Duck

Welcome race.fan;

You will love the Bradley as well as this forum.  The smokers are great and the people are better!

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra