A VERY VERY Drunk Turkey

Started by iahkaferoaster, December 19, 2007, 06:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iahkaferoaster

Greetings all. I was asked to do the turkey for our office Christmas party. I had on hand left over from my birthday last week a 5th each of tequila, Cointreau, lots of Mexican limes, and Margarita mix. Also, I had a tapped keg of Hienekin I did not want to waste. So, my squirrels started to turn and these are the items plus kosher salt that made the brine (tasted sort of like a salted rim margarita and Tecate Boilermaker). Yureka!! What a brine. I let the bird sit for 12 hours, rinsed well, and set it on the counter with a small fan for the pellicle. I slide the temp knob all the way right (ambient outside temp kept the box temp to a max of 225F), slide the vent open 1/3, put 24 bisquettes (8 hours for the rookies) of Mesquite (never in my mind can EVER have to much smoke;))), and, well,... uh,...OMG that was a bad to the pile of bones that was left turkey. To some it might seem like a waste of good booze, but I still feel like I need a morphine drip a week later for the hang-over I still have. Just wanted the booze out of sight (LOL). Make 2 great parties.
I hunt, therefore I eat.