Need advice on smoking a ham...more

Started by SmokinMoe, November 14, 2004, 04:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

Olds,

<b><font color="blue"><i><u>You have done it again.</u> </i> </font id="blue"> </b>  Great disortation on the T Shirt method.  Man scratch the Turkey(I don't think anyone likes them anyway)I'm opting for a Ham or at least a brisket.  Darn it, you make me hungry..........

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Man scratch the Turkey(I don't think anyone likes them anyway)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Agree: However, my Polish Mother made it clear in no uncertain terms that is was a Capon this year. Well at least it is in the chicken family.

Don't you know that it must of hurt when it was a chick looking for worms to have them cut off.  [:0]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoW-Oldman</i>
<br />Don't you know that it must of hurt when it was a chick looking for worms to have them cut off.  [:0]

Olds
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I think it must have hurt more as an adolescent when he was looking for chicks![:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

nsxbill

DoW

What do you think about the idea of making a bag out of t-shirt material with draw strings, and just put the ham in the bag and smoke.  Think it would be just as effective?

I appreciate you posting up your recipe.  I think I am going to try to find a low salt ham somewhere and try this.  Will just be another ham at Thanksgiving, but we are anticipating a crowd, and I like the sandwiches!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

MallardWacker

Olds,

Ah, another good Pol.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">What do you think about the idea of making a bag out of t-shirt material with draw strings, and just put the ham in the bag and smoke. Think it would be just as effective?

Yes I do as long as there are not extra material laying on the sides the will stop the smoke from getting to the ham.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I appreciate you posting up your recipe.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You are more than welcome.  I believe is sharing what I've learned.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Ah, another good Pol.

Duckman are you also Polish? If so I might share my sauage ideas with you....now tell the truth.... [:D] [:D] [:D]

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Yup, Grandpa is from the old country.  West Virginia Coal Mine story.  I have never got into the sausage, never have been around it.  Went to Chi town a couple of years ago and noticed a Polish neighborhood that had some great sausage places, but didn't have time.  I always wanted to go back there and hang around.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Oldman

Next time I do some I will document it for ya. I believe one of the most important parts of sauage is getting the correct grind. That is why I bone out and grind my own pork butts.

If I do any for Christmas I will make it a point to let you know, and photo it step by step.
Olds