Swollen Bisquettes

Started by Bad Flynch, December 25, 2007, 08:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Flynch

Am I dreaming, or do the bisquettes swell when exposed to high humidity? I sometimes leave my partial bisquette packages outside in the Bradley, in a dry location. They seem to swell slightly, from the exposure to outside air and moisture; once swollen, they shed sawdust more easily and do not feed as well. Is there any fix for this, short of always keeping them inside the house?
B.F.

owrstrich

sometimes i leave my partial bisquette package outside and it seems to swell slightly...

once swollen... my bisquette package is sometimes exposed to high humidity and even extreme moistness before it explodes and shreds and returns to normal...

i find this happen often watching late night pay per view...

so... i just go with it...

crazy aint it...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Ontrack

The bisquettes are wood, and pressed sawdust on top of that, so I would suggest never leaving them outside, covered or uncovered, for any reason.

Habanero Smoker

Due to a lack in storage space I store my bisquettes in an unheated shed, and the humidity of the outside air is the same as the humidity inside. I place them in plastic storage boxes made by Sterilite. The model name is "Show Offs" #1894. Once you could only find them in craft stores, but I have been seeing them in Wal-Marts and CVS. The box is just the right size for holding a box of 120. In addition any partially opened 12 packs I place in a 1 quart Ziploc bag for further protection. So far I haven't had any problems with swollen bisquettes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Quoteany partially opened 12 packs

I vacuum seal partially opened packs and this seems to solve the problem, also keep all my bisquettes indoors in the house.  :)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Vacuum sealing is a good idea. I just got one of the Reynolds Handi-Vac, which would make vacuum sealing partially open packages very easy.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)