back at it, PIG. ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA got it! now with pic

Started by armpower, December 30, 2007, 10:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Consiglieri

Served up the rest of that IPA I sent the SoCalians on Christmas.  Evaporated mighty quickly (I helped).

IPA is an India Pale Ale.  It's spiked pretty hard with hops, which doesn't affect the alcohol, but does prolong the shelf life.  IPAs have a very spicy, hoppy taste (kind of like a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale).  It's one of my favorites. 

Glad the pig turned out well.  Still waiting to see what the new year's menu will be.  Starting to look like a couple of nice NY steaks accompanied by a Seghesio reserve zin.  Baked potato for starch.  Crown royal for the vegetable. 
Consiglieri

SmokinHotMama

Whooohoooo!!  Way to go!  It looks absolutely WONDERFUL!  Interested in having guests from PA?
Life is too short...  Nothing but FUN!

Ontrack

Mama-I had guests from PA show up Saturday just as I was taking a smoker full of ribs out to FTC. I told them it would take a couple of hours before they were ready to eat, and unfortunately they couldn't stay that long ;). I know, that was mean and selfish, so I gave them a rack of about 10 ribs to go. Hey, they're the wifes friends, not mine!  ;D

owrstrich

did someone say the pig is done...

i really dig the pig...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

MWS

Did I hear someone say IPA?

Can't say I've ever heard of a smoked IPA though.....Smoked Porter? a seasonal staple indeed.

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"