out of the box all seems well so far!

Started by SmokinHotPapa, December 30, 2007, 09:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinHotPapa

well gang finally had a chance to start my bds and it seems to be working as it should.the pucks advance, temp adjust correctly and i'm about an hour in to seasoning the bds.Just sent mama to the store for 2 pork butts, to make my pulled pork for football friends it's sunday you know! oh and to get some LIQUID REFRESHMENTS! GO STEELERS! I will let everyone know how it went thanks for your support!

KyNola

Sounds good Papa!  Hope your friends can hang around a long time today because it is going to take several hours for those pork butts to be done.  Darn, that means you'll just have to keep yourself properly hydrated longer.  Very important not to dehydrate while smoking! ;D        GO SAINTS!

KyNola

SmokinHotPapa

hydration has never really been a problem for me, I just hope that by the time the butts are done i still have the ability to take them out of the smoker! LOL. Everyone enjoy the last day of regular season in the nfl.

KyNola

Good luck with your butts Papa.  Enjoy the day and don't forget to pull for the Titans over the Colts today.  I only live about 2 hours from the Titans so I get to go occasionally with a friend of mine who has club level seats on the 50 yard line.  What can be better, 50 yard line seats and about 10 steps away from about 15 different bars and food.

Have a good day!
KyNola

Smoking Duck

Quote from: SmokinHotPapa on December 30, 2007, 09:23:56 AM
LIQUID REFRESHMENTS! GO STEELERS!

Now I know why your wife married you....you must be a fine judge of character if you like to drink and you're a Steeler fan.  I've got the Steeler logo tatooed on my calf.  I did that in case I was ever in an accident and couldn't talk.....the fine medical folks would really know to treat me right when they saw that  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Kane

enjoy your first smoke. I know I did!  ;D

I got some chicken breasts, stuffed pork chops and shrooms planned for tonight. cant wait

SmokinHotPapa

smokinduck that was a genius idea about the medical staff treating you like gold, i mean black and gold. I don't have a steeler tat yet but I will when I get it figured out what i want because i want it to be  a little diff than everyone else's!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: SmokinHotPapa on December 30, 2007, 11:08:45 AM
smokinduck that was a genius idea about the medical staff treating you like gold, i mean black and gold. I don't have a steeler tat yet but I will when I get it figured out what i want because i want it to be  a little diff than everyone else's!

I was gonna have all 5 Super Bowl trophies tatoo'd on my backside so they could bury me updise down and enjoy the view, but my backside isn't that big yet.  Course, if I keep smoking the food at the rate I'm smoking it, it won't be long before I'm there.  Besides, I figured when I died, I'd be all wrinkly and it would just look like one Lombardi trophy at that point  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

SmokinHotPapa

butt's are in the smoker and i'm two fisted and the neighbor just came over and told me he could smell my cookin over his house, said he would help me watch the temp to make sure that nothing goes wrong cheers!

KyNola

Papa,
Beware of the neighbor who comes over "to help you watch the temp".  That only means one thing, he's gonna drink your beer AND he expects to be fed.   ;D

SmokinHotPapa

I know I know but sometimes when funds are low he foot's the bill for beverages and grilling items. I don't have no complaints about him since i'm the neighborhood cook. I've been known to wake the neighbors at 3 am with the weber! So the bds will probably do the same!

KyNola

Gotta love a neighbor who will provide both food and drink for you to prepare!  Have a great day Papa.

KyNola

begolf25

Hope those pork butts turn out great papa!

This has been a great day for me as I got to watch my skins smack the cowboys around and secure their spot in the playoffs. GO SKINS!