E 1 error

Started by ari237, January 06, 2008, 08:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ari237

can any one tell me what an E 1 error is and how to deal with it.ARI

Mr Walleye

Hi ari237 and welcome to the forum.

The E1 error is usually a problem with the sensor wire (the small wire). Try unplugging and plugging it back in afew times. Even try reversing the wire. Here is a thread with some more explanation in it.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=6534.0

Let us know how you make out.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

coolalta

Hey - had the same error message when I first tried my unit. Called Bradley - E1 indicates problem with sensor circuit. Could be the connection on the back of the jacks - one in the tower and one in the control box. You can check the connections visually by taking the cover off the control box and the back off the tower. Make sure to unplug the smoker and put the box on something high enough to work on comfortably - lots of screws to take out but it does come apart. Lots of screws on the tower's back panel as well. If you can use a multimeter check for continuity: first check the sensor wire - secondly once the jacks are exposed, plug the sensor wire into both jacks and check for continuity. Turns out on my unit the wires from the jack on the tower were not even plugged into the sensor - discovered this as soon as the back was off the tower. Bradley will supply replacement parts - just a phone call. Hope this helps.