this smoker is awsome!!!!!!!!!!

Started by SmokinHotPapa, January 06, 2008, 04:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinHotPapa

Just made ham and swiss stuffed chicken breast wrapped in BACON, holy crap were those puppies good, if I can figure out how to upload pics i will. So far i can't say enough about the bds

NePaSmoKer

I have had 35 different types of smokers. The Bradley's are by far the best ones i have had.

nepas

Arcs_n_Sparks

I sense the inevitable onset of Irrational exuberance taking place......   :D

Smoking Duck

When was the last time your wife gave you something as good that put that big a smile on your face?  Hee Hee  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

smokin stu

Isn't it great seeing the incredible food that comes out of a BS......  This is one hobby my wife encourages fully and supports me when it comes to add ons and such.  When I say "I am busy smokin' dinner", I am usually immune from "honey does" or even brought a beer.   

I fed her boss some ribs the other night........  went over well.

I have even tied all these great meals from the BS to my other interest, hunting and fishing......  I HAD to buy this really nice ladder stand this fall so I could perfect some venison recipes.

Yup, smokin is good!

SmokinHotPapa

i can surely relate to the spin off of equipment that is about to follow right behind the bds for instance, that 1 hp commerical grinder for making sausage ,the one from cabelas.Can anyone relate?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: SmokinHotPapa on January 06, 2008, 05:29:55 PM
i can surely relate to the spin off of equipment that is about to follow right behind the bds for instance, that 1 hp commerical grinder for making sausage ,the one from cabelas.Can anyone relate?

I can relate cuz i work at Cabelas  ;D

nepas

SmokinHotPapa

awsome, I love that place i would live there if i could. I was thinking about buying their 1 hp comm grinder, would you recommend yea or ney?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: SmokinHotPapa on January 06, 2008, 05:48:13 PM
awsome, I love that place i would live there if i could. I was thinking about buying their 1 hp comm grinder, would you recommend yea or ney?

The 1hp is our most popular model. Stuffs casings with ease, anything bigger than 1hp will blow the casings out. (found out the hard way)

nepas

Smoking Duck

Sorry to hijack the thread SmokingHotPapa.

Nepas,
What can you give me on this grinder?  A buddy of mine gave me a $100 gift certificate for Christmas and then I saw this on sale, so I ordered it.

I don't do a whole lot of grinding or sausage stuffing but thought I'd work into it.

Is this a decent model?

Thanks!

SD

KyNola

Papa, you can thank me later for reminding you about the bacon wrapped chicken breasts! :D  Seriously, I'm glad the BDS is doing everything you want it to.  Looks like Mama gets that new Escalade next year!

Smoke on Papa!
KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 07, 2008, 05:25:49 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread SmokingHotPapa.

Nepas,
What can you give me on this grinder?  A buddy of mine gave me a $100 gift certificate for Christmas and then I saw this on sale, so I ordered it.

I don't do a whole lot of grinding or sausage stuffing but thought I'd work into it.

Is this a decent model?

Thanks!

SD

SD

The 1 hp is a very good grinder, I have the 1hp, downsized from a 1.5 cuz it was just too much for casings. We sell more 1hp than the larger grinders.

nepas

Smoking Duck

Hey Nepas,
I forgot to include the link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0044811517628a&navCount=1&podId=0044811&parentId=cat280028&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat602009-cat280028_TGP&catalogCode=7IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat280028&hasJS=true

Mine is the Pro450.  That is the 450 watt model.  Not sure where that figures out in hp.  Like I said, I don't do a whole lot of grinding or stuffing (yet) and felt it would be okay to handle what I need at the moment.

Thanks!

SD

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 07, 2008, 08:37:38 AM
Hey Nepas,
I forgot to include the link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0044811517628a&navCount=1&podId=0044811&parentId=cat280028&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat602009-cat280028_TGP&catalogCode=7IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat280028&hasJS=true

Mine is the Pro450.  That is the 450 watt model.  Not sure where that figures out in hp.  Like I said, I don't do a whole lot of grinding or stuffing (yet) and felt it would be okay to handle what I need at the moment.

Thanks!

SD
[/quot

That one is the next one up from the heavy duty grinder. They are pretty good grinders. Just shy of 1/2hp and you should be fine with it.

nepas

bullhead

SmokinHotPapa
I have the Cabelas's 1hp grinder along with several attachments. its all the grinder I need. I just finished butchering 7 pigs and 12 deer. so I have put it through several large grindings. Along with the grinder I have the mixer and jerky slicer. The 1hp is a work horse. You won't be disappointed with the grinder.