First pulled pork (pics)

Started by geofite, June 02, 2008, 06:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geofite

Here is my first pulled pork. It turned out fantastic!

The fresh pork butts. They weighed in at approx 4 1/2 pounds each.

Cheap yellow mustard rubbed gently and lovingly all over the pork butts.

The rub rubbed over the CYM. Rested on the table for about 45 minutes while the smoker heated up to 210 degrees Fahrenheit.

Into the smoker we go. Smoked with hickory for 4 hours. Then left in the bradley smoker over night which was for 6 hours at 210F, but the smokers temp only went up to 180F. 

Out of the smoker. The internal temp of the butts was 150F in the morning so I put them in heavy duty foil, added a splash of apple juice to them and then put them into the house oven at 200F for 3 hours at which time the internal temp went up to 175F.

Then I did the FTC, foil towel cooler, and transported them to the feast. I put the wrapped pork butts into baking trays so that the juice would not spill and then this was wrapped with the towel, and this worked great. There was a small tray that held one butt under the big tray that held three butts, most of the juice stayed in the foil with some oozing out into the baking trays. The were in the FTC for 5 hours.

The pork butts turned out fantastic! So tender and tasty, just the right amount of smoke. After shredding, a bit of vaunted vinegar and the juice from the foil packaging was added to the shredded meat for moisture and added flavor.

The pulled pork was served on kaiser buns with home made baked beans and coleslaw. A variety of sauces were tried and the best tasting sauce was my home made secret recipe portuguese piri piri sauce.

Wildcat

Looking good!  ;) Welcome to the forum.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

Welcome to the forum, geofite!  Looks like you done real well on that pulled pork. 

Happy smokin,

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Carter

Well done geofite!!!  Looks awesome.

Now how hard are going to have to work you to pry that secret recipe out of you?

We have vays of making you talk.

Carter

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Carter on June 02, 2008, 09:12:57 AM
Well done geofite!!!  Looks awesome.

Now how hard are going to have to work you to pry that secret recipe out of you?

We have vays of making you talk.

Carter

I'll second Carter's request for the sauce recipe!  ;)

Oh ya... Welcome to the forum Geofite! Ya did a great job on the butts!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Mr Walleye

Don't worry Geofite.... Your secret is safe with us!  ;)

Thanks for sharing!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

WOW Geo...Thai chillies have a good kick...hooo buddy...the butts look amazing...congratulations!! :)

Smoking Duck

Your sauce sounds awesome and I wouldn't worry about it getting out....it's not like this internet thing has really taken off yet  ;) ;D

Thanks for sharing!

Sincerely,

Al Gore

Gizmo

Welcome Geofite,
Yes your secret is very safe.
I was thinking when I read your post that we wouldn't really know if it was a secret recipe unless you told us what was in it for comparison.
You were right.  It is a secret.

I can see by the inclusion of 8 to 10 cloves of garlic, that for the sake of disaster preparedness, I would highly recommend that alternate sites hold copies of this highly classified secret.  For quick recovery, it is also advisable that ingredient preperations be carefully executed and stored for emergency restore capability.  To ensure this is a 100% executable plan, th ingredients should be sampled on a frequent basis, and the process repeated on a regular basis.

There, I am glad we have this disater avoided.   ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Looks like a great recipe.

How do you store this? At room temperature or refigerator, and how long can it be stored.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smoking Duck

Heck, with ten cloves of garlic, I may use it to replace the sensuous massage oils! ;D ;D ;D

La Quinta

geofite

Quote from: Smoking Duck on June 03, 2008, 04:18:43 PM
Heck, with ten cloves of garlic, I may use it to replace the sensuous massage oils! ;D ;D ;D

I wouldn't do that if I were you. You may find yourself locked in the BS smoker with the heater on! :o ;)

Smoking Duck

It beats the doghouse I'm usually in and there's no comparison on the aroma  :D

Carter

Good stuff SD :D

Geofite, thanks very much for posting.  I'll look forward to trying that.

Carter