Finally took the plunge!!!!!!

Started by Big Mike, January 09, 2008, 01:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinHotPapa

we share the cooking i do my thing and she does her's it's just mine taste's better because it's smoked! he he he he he !!!!!

SmokinHotMama

Blaaaaah...  Blaaaaah...  Who let him in here anyways?  LOL  You just never mind there, smokinhotpapa! 

I have to admit though, he is right. We do each have our space in the kitchen.  However, we also work very well together and have a lot of fun.  I am not going to deny one bit that he is the grill master.  He always has been.  I have never met anyone that can grill at midnight (after a few cocktails, of course...) in the summer time and wake the neighbors up with the smell of food coming in the windows! It is pretty funny!  He does the grilling and deep frying and I trypically do the sides and desserts.  It works out perfectly!

Sorry to take over your post Mike...  Good Luck to you and we look forward to eharing about all your ideas!  Did it arrive yet?
Life is too short...  Nothing but FUN!

Motor007

WELL I Finally took the plunge... TOOO!!

Got it last night from Bass Pro shop.

So today I'm going to get a small Prime Rib and a small Pork Butt for work on Monday.

I talked about this smoker for a week now at work and everyone calls it a CHEAPER SMOKER!!! ::)

I kind of took that to heart being a Ol' style type of smoker man myself...

Can I still call myself a true Smoker Man now that I have this Bradley Smoker?

What I'm trying to say is... Smoking is Art to me. A trade pass down from father to son and mother to daurther..

But at the end of the day it's all going to be eatten right?

;D

So, with that said I will have Pic's of the Prime Rib tonight.

Side Not.

Should I do the pork butt tonight and or wait till sunday day or sunday night to bring to work on monday?

Thanx all M

I'm a Bradley man now!!! :)

Gizmo

Welcome Motor007
I don't think the true artists that are huge successes are ever questioned about the method that turned out the masterpiece, so in that respect it is not the journey but the destination, even though the journey can be more enjoyable as it is not spent stoking the fire all night long.

Pork butts, depending on size can take 16 to 20+ hours so I would take that into consideration for when  you want to finish.  For taking into work on Monday morning, either cook it well in advance (start right now) and finish some time tomorrow evening then reheat on Monday, or start Saturday and count back 22 hours or so from when you want it finshed if you have a good sized pork butt.  The butt will hold nicely for several hours (4 or more) wrapped in foil, towl, and in a warm cooler. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Ok...so he mentioned prime rib...but no pictures (this is good)...O, is so far, keeping me out of harms way, with the promise of prime rib for my hubby...found another screwdriver in the kitchen today...ya think I should be worried??? Hubby has been good for the last 12 years but prime rib seems to reveal some sort of monster meat boy....Lots of men on this site...thoughts??

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: La Quinta on January 11, 2008, 07:40:09 PM
Lots of men on this site...thoughts??

Could be the basis of a PhD thesis...

La Quinta

Arcs...you are not the guy I thought would give me the input I was after...:) But thank you anyway!!! I'm in fear that I may not "live long and prosper". Any more thoughts, that I can make sense of, and deal with the "male beastie prime rib boy"?

Gizmo

The best antidote is to purchase a prime and smoke it.  I would be willing to bet after all that, if hubby is good, you might throw him a piece, at least a bone.

La Quinta

So like feeding the lions Giz? :) As I said..."O" is at the gate....makes me nervous, as a Catholic, to be honest!!! By the way, are you doing the Perris gig?

Ontrack

Be careful, LQ, or you may get more than you asked for...

La Quinta

Don't you worry OnTrack...I can take care of myself! :) Really, my husband is the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet in your LIFE!!! Those who have met him...can give me an AMEN...but he swears the tools mysteriously laying around the house have nothing to do with prime rib...I'm revising the will...I love you Mom!!! :) :)

Gizmo

Quote from: La Quinta on January 11, 2008, 08:39:20 PM
So like feeding the lions Giz? :) As I said..."O" is at the gate....makes me nervous, as a Catholic, to be honest!!! By the way, are you doing the Perris gig?

Absolutely yes. Can't wait.
Hoping to make some beef snack sticks by then as well.  Just ordered some casings and and a few other indgredients.  Haven't made them yet so it will be an interesting experience.

Tiny Tim

Man, I'd love to get out there for the Perris thing, but my butt has a prior engagement with my comfy chair in front of my TV for the start of Speedweeks at Daytona.

Motor007

"Ok...so he mentioned prime rib...but no pictures"

Hey there LQ. This is the missus...If my beloved stays on this sight long enough you'll see he's all talk and no action. Motor didn't post pics of the Prime Rib because the Prime Rib never happened. Probably not his fault though...we couldn't find a prime rib at any of local grocery stores. The first thing he made on the Bradley was a couple of chicken breasts and a few onions. I took the meat and the onions and sauteed them up with some shrooms and bell peppers then melted monterey jack cheese over the top. It was Mmmm Mmmm Good! He's in the kitchen right now playing with a pork butt.  ;) ;) I see a treadmill in my future or I'll have a pork butt too!!!

Ready for the Smoker

setting the smoker at 250

Motor007

Everything is going great.

It's VERY HARD NOT TO GO OUT THERE AND PLAY WITH THE FIRE. HAHAHA

All I have to do is look out side to see the temp and that's it.
Just crazy. hahah

Cheaper Smoker for sure. ;D

Temp is set at 240 on the outside.
Butt 172 a of 7 p.m. ct.

so it's been on the smoker for 6 1/2 hours now.

It's a 7lb butt.

so 4 more hrs or so. then FTC for 1 hour.

I may have to do other butt.. This butt may not last for work. hahha

so with that said Off to the store for other butt.

with more pic's..