Finally took the plunge!!!!!!

Started by Big Mike, January 09, 2008, 01:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motor007

No body had any good butt's.

Will try Sunday.

Plus I want to get some apple wood to try on this butt for work.

pic's later tonight of the butt that's cooking now.

OUT!!!

goaskthemice

TOOK THE PLUNGE TOO..................GOT VENISON MARINATING RIGHT NOW FOR A SUNDAY MORNING SMOKEFEST WITH MESQUITE...  HOPE THE NEIGHBORS DONT MIND WATCHING SOMEONE DRINK BEER AT 9 A.M.   

La Quinta

I'm with ya Mrs. Motor....jeans are gettin a leetle tight after Christrmas and New Year's!!! Gotta butt in the fridge now...all nice and Oinker Ice rubbed!!! Aahhh...pulled pork...yummo!!! :) Can you do pulled pork on a salad?? :)

Motor007

OK BUTT is done.

Will have some in about or 1 hour 2.

Motor007

Wife is gone to bed. LQ..

((((Can you do pulled pork on a salad??)))

I say HE!! Yeah Pork on salad would go great. Plus your Jeans will Fit right and not a ((leetle tight ))..

hahha

La Quinta

Where are you guys from Motor? Never know...you could have smokers all around ya!!! Butt looks tasty...by the way!!! :)

Motor007

Norman, OK.

Up the street from University of Oklahoma. well 3 min from campus.

YOU?

Motor007

Butt on the smoker for work monday.

the first one was Very Good.

work will love this butt ...

Big Mike

Can you do pulled pork on a salad??

LQ, when the Misses and I were in Nashville this past summer, she ordered pulled pork, and a side salad...the pork came on the salad and it was delicious!!!...now it is a regular in our house.

Still waiting on my smoker, I think it is coming pony express :(

La Quinta

Hey Motor...I'm from the "desert" in Southern California...(near Palm Springs)...still warm here...like 75 today...WE WANT A DAY WITH NOOOO SUN...Sounds odd to alot of you I'm sure!!! We had 2 days, a couple of weeks ago, with no sun and a piddle of rain...geeezzzz!!! :) Mountains have snow...at least that's nice!!!

La Quinta

Big Mike...I'm gonna give it a whirl...pork on salad...if you say it was good...I'll try it!!! My butt is still cookin (no comments necessary)...on about 8th hour now...gotta ways to go...butt :) I pulled it out of the Bradley after 4.5 hours and threw it in the crock pot with Ice sauce to "wallow" for the next 5 hours!! I'll check it and see what we got!! Hey Mike...nice to have you aboard!!! :) 

SmokinHotMama

LaQuinta...  Well....  How was it?  I just ordered the "Ice" sauce and can't wait for it to get here!!  If there is anything in the world that this ma'ma loves is papa's PULLED PORK!  There is nothing better...  However, just like you mentioned, the jeans are just a little too snug these days...  I am just wondering how you "stay on track" having a BDS!  LOL  Pulled pork on a salad...Nice work!  That is like having a diet coke with your Big Mac! (I do it all the time!  HA!)

Mike...  Welcome aboard!
Life is too short...  Nothing but FUN!

bullsi1911

Quote from: La Quinta on January 13, 2008, 05:49:56 PM
Big Mike...I'm gonna give it a whirl...pork on salad...if you say it was good...I'll try it!!!

I did sliced smoked pork tenderloin on a salad.  It was VERY good.

La Quinta

Hey Mama...the butt came out great...was smokey and tender and had the Ice kick from the sauce...really good...hubby has put away the garden implements for the moment!!:) :) I blew off the salad part and ate it on...well a bun...it was killer...butt...only ate half...gotta keep my girlish figure ya know!! Just ate the other half for breakfast this morning!! YUMMO! Gonna give the salad thing a whirl next time! Sorry...I'm a wimp...I WANTED MEAT IN A SANDWICH last night...just exercised portion control...yeah...had a light beer or two...well four maybe... with it...so it counts as a diet dish!!! :) :)

Big Mike

Well, after almost a month, Sears who royally messed up with my order, accidentally cancelled it once, did not process it once, blah blah blah, I finally cancelled and took the trek out to Cabelas in Hamburg, PA last night and picked up my 6 rack BDS!  (while I was there, I decided I needed the 1/3 HP commercial grade slicer too!) :o 

I have been really busy with work anyway, working weekends and such, wouldn't have had time for a smoke anyway...will keep you posted.

Big Mike