Finally Unpacked DBS

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 31, 2007, 10:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I have finally unpacked my DBS 4 rack from its box this past week (Had for months now). Did a small briskit and pork loin. Went to use it again today and the smoke gen wont work. Lights up just wont heat or cycle. My main burner works though.

Checked and re checked all connections, fuse, held buttons hoping to recalibrate or reset but still NADA. Any of you pro DBS owners run across this?

Maybe a call to Bradley  ;D

nepas

KyNola

NePas,
Christmas Day my 4 rack BDS decided not to cycle.  I was all set to make 10 lbs. of tasso yesterday(which I did using essentially your recipe, man is it good) so I brought the smoke gen in Saturday night, opened it up, everything appeared fine but simply wouldn't cycle.  I was resolved to have to manually put 3 hours worth of pucks on the burner on Sunday.  Took the gen out Sunday, plugged it in and it worked like a charm.  I have no idea what the heck I did at all.  As one of the guys said yesterday, chalk it up to PFM, pure freakin' magic.

I owe you one for the tasso recipe.  It turned out incredible.

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on December 31, 2007, 01:00:23 PM
NePas,
Christmas Day my 4 rack BDS decided not to cycle.  I was all set to make 10 lbs. of tasso yesterday(which I did using essentially your recipe, man is it good) so I brought the smoke gen in Saturday night, opened it up, everything appeared fine but simply wouldn't cycle.  I was resolved to have to manually put 3 hours worth of pucks on the burner on Sunday.  Took the gen out Sunday, plugged it in and it worked like a charm.  I have no idea what the heck I did at all.  As one of the guys said yesterday, chalk it up to PFM, pure freakin' magic.

I owe you one for the tasso recipe.  It turned out incredible.

KyNola

No problemo KyNola.

The tasso recipe is the only one i use now.

I still cant get anything out of the digital smoke gen, maybe a call to get it replaced.

nepas

SmokinHotMama

Did ya get'er all figured out, NePa?
Life is too short...  Nothing but FUN!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: SmokinHotMama on January 08, 2008, 12:47:36 PM
Did ya get'er all figured out, NePa?

Ya got it all figured but havin some digital smoke gen probs with it. Have the fine folks at Bradley notified. Still have my original (S)  ;D to fall back on so's i dont have smoker DT'S  :o

nepas

Consiglieri

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on December 31, 2007, 10:30:11 AM
Went to use it again today and the smoke gen wont work. Lights up just wont heat or cycle. My main burner works though.

I'm confused Nep.  Your console lights up: does that mean you can set temps, times, turn on the puck burner?  Main burner working: puck burner or heating element?  If that's the case and the puck burner is working but the heat element isn't, I had that problem too.  I finally realized that the power cord connection wasn't as snug as I thought it was.  disconnect on both ends, make sure there isn't any impediments and plug back in with a little extra push.  Good luck.
Consiglieri

NePaSmoKer

Dont get any power from the smoke gen now. Tried all you can do cept beatin it with a hammer  :D

Bradley aint got back with me on it yet.

nepas

sgrigby

I had a similar problem with my smoke generator. I called Bradley and they told me the buttons on the unit were a little stiff. I pressed them very hard and the unit worked. They also told me with use the buttons would loosen up.

Scott

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: sgrigby on January 12, 2008, 11:58:32 AM
I had a similar problem with my smoke generator. I called Bradley and they told me the buttons on the unit were a little stiff. I pressed them very hard and the unit worked. They also told me with use the buttons would loosen up.

Scott

I done all that too, almost pushing my finger through it  >:(

Kinda pi$$ing me off but i know the good folks at Bradley will figure something out.

nepas