All Invited to SoCal BS'ers Tailgate Feast at Perris Speedway 3pm Sat Feb 9th

Started by owrstrich, January 12, 2008, 09:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

i went up to the butcher shop yesterday to take a look at their selection of beast and they had 1 slabb of the prime ribb on their case... they stock choice and prime is special order... i can really see the difference side by side...

i like that smart n final stuff we had because it fits perfectly in the bs and our hotel size oven... this real stuff from the butcher will be cut to size lengthwise but its taller and its has very lean innards with a 1/4 fat cap...

anyway... it looks killer...

j o
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

La Quinta

O...I shared your post with "him"...all garden implements have been put away...as well as screw drivers and hammers...things are going well...THANK YOU...:) I actually think he loves you more then me right now!!! :) :) Don't worry...well...nah...don't worry! See you in Perris!!

NePaSmoKer

nepas phone home.....phone home......phone home.....phone home......phone home.....phone home......phone home.....phone home......

owrstrich

nepa has the pennsylvania posse...

look at all them dirt tracks...  some of the finest sprint car racing happens in pennsylvania...

http://www.chasinracin.com/track-locator/rtl_bytype.php

j o

Gizmo

O'
Do you buy your tickets in advance or get them at the gate the day of?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

While we're on this subject (of light car racing) ...we should really know...other then O, what the rest of us are bringing? So we don't double up?

NePaSmoKer

nepa is right there where the black dot is above Allentown  ;D

nepas

owrstrich

we get our tickets the day of the show... however i just got my new work schedule and its out to fri feb 8th... which is the first part of the 2 day show...

so... we are in ontario until 4pm... so we are going to leave our trailer at our job site and go to perris friday night too... that means  i can get the tickets on friday night for saturday... no waiting in line... if there is a line...  so i will get a head count later...

so far it... owrstrich and that crazy wench... = 2
la quinta and anything mint... = 2
giz and the lovely va... = 2

not sure about the wck clan... ???

so thats either 6 or 8 so far... that crazy wench has a friend in esinore who used to work at ascot who may come too... thats all i know for now...

other than my plates... knives... forks... drinks... i am bringing 2 hickory smoked prime ribbs... didnt want to use cherry cause it gives the wck a headache... i also gotts some low grade horseradish sauce... have not found any good quality horseradish yet... still looking...

im gonna divide up the left over slabbs... if amy...  so im bringing some some big zip locks for the cooler and ride home...

if it rains on feb 8th or 9th like its raining today then the race maybe postponed a week... in 6 years out here its only happened once... so keep your eyes on jackie johnson...

owrstrich

car54

Nepas, is your place near Nazareth home Of the Andrettis. I went to the inaugural Cart race there many years ago. I believe Michael Andretti won it. Pennsylvania is a nice state. I did not realize all the dirt tracks you have there. The one closet to us was closed down and they built a Menards store there. The car dealer next to the track always had to clean their cars the next Monday.

Brad

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: car54 on January 24, 2008, 02:38:45 PM
Nepas, is your place near Nazareth home Of the Andrettis. I went to the inaugural Cart race there many years ago. I believe Michael Andretti won it. Pennsylvania is a nice state. I did not realize all the dirt tracks you have there. The one closet to us was closed down and they built a Menards store there. The car dealer next to the track always had to clean their cars the next Monday.

Brad

Nazareth speedway is about 35 miles from me. However the Mahoning Valley speedway is just down the road about 4 miles

nepas

La Quinta

Hey O...we're going with Dallas Raines!!! But what the hell...if it rains (which I doubt) we'll just put up a tent? Or whatever you call those things...with no sides...beer, salmon, rib...with friends... still taste good in the rain right? :)

Gizmo

Don't remember what I PM'd O' that I would be bringing.  Think I remember a carving knife, crab dip, and now some beef sausage and slim jims.  I'll order some Atomic Horseradish since O' had put in the request for some real horsy stuff.  Maybe O will send my PM back so I can remember.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Nuclear horsey sauce is a good thing! I'm gonna do cold smoked salmon....crackers...cuckes...cream cheese...creme fresh? Thinking about a desert...since I'm from the dessert! Maybe apple struesal cheesecake bars? Also thought about a smoked veggie terrine? 

owrstrich

thats right giz... perfect lq...

if it rains we can just go up the toad a mile to the lake where they have some nice shelters and picnic areas... wont have to worry about a crowd that way...

so my boss... the big giant brain... has changed our schedule... looks like we are working a 3rd shift now on the 8th... thats a 1st... 2nd... 3rd... shift all in 1 day... at 2 plants... i swear he does that ch1t whenever he thinks we have personal plans that does not involve driving or doing maintenance or testing...

so no getting the tickets the night before now... i dont know what the crowd will be like... the nhra is at pomona for their first race of the year and the budweiser shootout from daytona is on tv that night... so lots of racing going on the 9th...

im hungered just thinking about it...

owrstrich

Mr Walleye

Quote from: owrstrich on January 25, 2008, 08:19:32 AM
im hungered just thinking about it...

He11... I'm hungered too just thinkin' about it... and I'm not even goin'!  ???  ???

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes