All Invited to SoCal BS'ers Tailgate Feast at Perris Speedway 3pm Sat Feb 9th

Started by owrstrich, January 12, 2008, 09:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

SoCal BS'ers At Perris Auto Speedway 3pm Sat Feb 9th

we are preparing a pre race feast fit for monkeys...

perris auto speedway is south of the 60 off of the 215... 3 miles east of the 215 off the ramona expressway at the socal fairgrounds...

looks like 60 miles from the owrstrich... 55 miles from the la quinta... 50 miles from the west coast kansan ... 45 miles from the gizmo... 400 miles from the consiglieri...    450 miles from the arcsnsparks... 2700 miles from the nepa... 3100 miles from the iceman... ??? miles from who else... who else... who else...

the deal is... its $5 per vehicle to park and its $20 per person to get in... we usually sit in the turn 4 bleachers... need glasses to protect the eyes from flying dirt if the wind is out of the east... no dirt in the face if the wind is out of the west... the show kicks off about 5pm and usually goes to about 10pm... this is a double header with 360 cubic inch sprint cars and 410 cubic inch sprint cars... typically the first race of the season draws the top drivers from throughout the country... perris is one of the finest prepared 1/2 mile dirt tracks in the world...

i am going to put 4 hours of cold smoke hickory on 2 onion soup rubbed 8 pound HONEST MEAT MARKET ORDERED & STAMPED PRIME prime ribbs then finish them off in a hot hot oven to 125 internal then cooler at 2pm for a 3pm arrival at the track for a parking lot tailgate... we will be able to get about 11 1.5lb slices from the finished product...

la quinta and her man are in...

gizmo and his woman are in...

wck and his woman are in...

please post your intentions as a reply to this thread...

http://perrisautospeedway.com/

j o
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Mr Walleye

1656 Miles from Mr Walleye....  :'(  :'(  :'(

You guys will have a blast!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Ahhhh

Good ol perris valley and lake elsinore and hemet..... nepas old stomping grounds......cept for beaumont and banning  :o

nepas

winemakers

Trip distance: 2353.61 miles Time: 34hrs19mins

I may have to leave a little earlier than I planned

acords

Total Est. Distance: 1927.46 miles
Total Est. Time:  27 hours, 38 minutes

Sounds fun ;)
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

car54

If I start walking from Milwaukee, Wisconsin NOW, I just might make it.

Brad

Ontrack

2288 Miles-32 hours and 55 minutes. Can't believe I actually looked that up...

car54

iceman

Well I made it from Prudhoe Bay to Anchorage 680 miles and was gonna take a right to Burbank CA but Ann said it would be the last time my little bee bee brain would be capable of a function if I didn't turn left and get home.  ::) :o :D
I tried dang  ;) it!!!

La Quinta

OK...Ice...only one bunch of carrots for Ann this year!!! But they're is always ice and rocks!!! :) :)

Consiglieri

Won't be able to make it, but I'll be toasting all who make the trip.  Cheers!
Consiglieri

bigredsmoker

1533 Miles, 21 hours 46 minutes. Doesn't sound too bad, and I bet it's warmer there than the 12 degrees it was here today. The prime rib does sound very tempting as well, but I just don't think the Mrs. will be on board. She wants to go to Vegas to celebrate her 40th in March. I think I would have a hard time convincing her that Perris would be better than Vegas. But you know what they say "what happens in Perris stays in Perris". Or am I confused on that saying???

Terry

La Quinta

Uh yeah...BigRed...I'm afraid there will be pictures...Let us know when you're going to Vegas...only 3.5 hours from here!!

KyNola

Only 1891 miles for me.  Sounds like great fun.  Love the sprint cars.  I'll hoist one to you guys that evening.

KyNola

Gizmo

Quote from: bigredsmoker on January 14, 2008, 02:48:45 PM
But you know what they say "what happens in Perris stays in Perris". Or am I confused on that saying???

Terry

Yup, I think you are confused.  Perris blabs her conquests all over the television.  ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/