sausage makers dream come true!!!!!!!

Started by SmokinHotPapa, January 15, 2008, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinHotPapa

well gang papa is taking on a whole new area, i'm making sausage look out! By the way look at the picture, told you guys i was gettin her and this grinder is HUGE! The size of the motor looks like something found on a airbus!I think i made the right choice, but i'm sure I'll have a ton of questions and I'm hoping that some of you experienced sausage makers can lend me a few tips because i have a few wild flavors brewing in the noggin thanx!!!!!

Mr Walleye

Keep us posted Papa!

I'm in the same boat except mine is coming by dog sled! (Canada Post)

My 11 lb stuffer got back ordered as well so I definitely need you to do all the trial & error for me!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

SmokinHotPapa

sure mr walleye i would love to and i'm sure you wont be dissapointed! Going to grind this weekend and stuff sausage and drink birthday hops so once i get rolling i will share all of my experience's with you guys and recipes!!!

Mr Walleye

At least I will be able to drool over it!  ;D

I'll get my plastic cover for the keyboard ready!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

bullhead

SmokenHotPapa
Nice grinder you'll have fun with it. Every time I butcher a pig or deer I try different sausages. right now theres a potato sausage swiming in beer on the stove then to the grill. You might want to get the book Great Sausage Recipes And Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas. It's a great book on sausages. alot of fresh and smoked sausage recipes are in it.

Ontrack

Keep us posted papa, I'm getting ready to go down that sausage road myself...already ordered every catalog I could find! :)

La Quinta

Papa...you need to contact NePas...if you go back and read his posts...he is good with sausage! :) That is one lovely piece of equipment!! Congrats on the purchase!!

Arcs_n_Sparks

SmokinHotPapa,

Good choice. I have the Cabela's grinder as well and am very pleased with it. I used a hand crank 5# stuffer from the Sausage Maker to stuff the casings; you should consider a dedicated stuffer.

With that grinder, if you're doing less than 5 pounds, you'll spend more time in setup and clean-up than you will grinding.  :o

Arcs_n_Sparks

SmokinHotPapa

thanks all, I sure am excited myself and cant wait to get rollin, I am going to try this recipe i've been thinking about even before the wife got me the bds for xmas, I am calling it "hawaiian jerk pineapple" and i'm sure it's going to take alot of tweaking to get it right but as you can see thats the kind of thinking i got going on upstairs, I'm going for the exotic, stuff people would never even think about, when i figure it out i'll pass it along to all! thanx

SmokinHotPapa

thanks arcs i figured as much, I'm thinking when I do it I'll have to make 20 to 30 # at a time because that grinder is a monster!!!!

Kane

man, you still got xmas going there or what? ;)

SmokinHotPapa

lol kane, papa just put the xmas tree back up in hope's that mama might think its xmas all over again, sipping very slowly and staying very alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I like my teeth just the way they are thanks!!!!!!!!

Kane

chuckles. but man thats a nice unit. I have a ol hand crank just for venison grinds. maybe some day Ill invest and start doing bigger projects

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: SmokinHotPapa on January 15, 2008, 05:46:18 PM
I'm going for the exotic, stuff people would never even think about, when i figure it out i'll pass it along to all! thanx

SmokinHotPapa,

You might want to pick up a copy of "Hot Links and Country Flavors" by Bruce Aidells and Denis Kelly. It all about sausages in American regional cooking. It will inspire your exotic thinking.

Sparkler

La Quinta

Hey Papa...if there is ANYONE who thinks "outside the box" it's Arcs!!! Buy the book!!! :) :)