The Renound Mr. Brown pays a visit.

Started by Thevenin, November 18, 2004, 03:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thevenin

FINALLY!!!  A rousing success.  Following S&S to the letter.  I just feasted on a REALLY good piece of BBQ pork butt. I'm not sure what to do with the other 5lbs of leftover pork.  Not to mention the 9lb brisket that showed up today.

But thanks for the help guys it's nice to get something out of this smoker that doens't go right in the trash.  

Thev.

BigRed

Thev!

Get you a vacum sealer machine from Sam's Club. Pull the remaining Pork Butt and seal it for later use. It seals and freezes just find.

If the Brisket is not cooked and cryovaced freeze it with no problems. I have three briskets bought on special at 57 cents a pound rest in the freezer that will be smoked for Christmas. If your meat is cooked do the same thing with it as the pork suck it up if bags label it and freeze it. Good Luck!

BigRED

nsxbill

Ditto on vacuum sealer.  http://forum.bradleysmoker.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=349&SearchTerms=atomic
I haven't done these yet, but anxious to try.  Big group for Turkey Day.... Lots of JalapeƱos to purchase!

Pulled pork reheated in the crock pot revitalizes it and great for sandwiches.  Next time I do a butt, I am going to seal up the shredded meat in smaller bags instead of now having to thaw out the 6lbs I had left.  Ate half and froze the rest.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigSmoker

Bill and Thev.,
<font color="red">THE FOLLOWING IS A SERIOUS WARNING I SAY AGAIN A WARNING!!!</font id="red">
Do not prepare or eat one and I mean one ABT unless you are prepared to become addicted.  One bite and you will be hooked.  Sometimes I smoke some meat up just so I can make some ABT's.  Last time I had the family over I made 2 dozen or so and they were gone in just a couple of minutes.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  I actually prefer using brisket because of the rub I use but pork butt works very well.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

MallardWacker

Big Smoke has it right on the ABT's.  Cooked a buttt for the office lunch last week.  I cooked all night so it would be ready the next morning.  I awoke to 2dozen of those lovely's and ate them for BREAKFAST.   Man the best breakfast I have had in a while!  Love those puppies....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

SmokinMoe

Having a success sure makes you feel like having another go at it doesn't it?  I just had my first success story Sunday and it sure feels good!!
Congrats and smoke on,
Michelle
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"