movies

Started by car54, January 19, 2008, 08:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aces-n-eights

Lots of great recommendations here and i agree with so many! 

One of my all time top movies is Winged Migration.  It's a lot like a documentary but has a very engaging story line that is unlike a "regular" movie.  They got birds comfortable flying next to ultralight aircraft and filmed the birds as they migrated thousands of miles.  It may sound a bit dorky, but it's a wonderful film.  The "Making of..." in the special features is as good or better than the movie.  I've seen it on sale for $7 or $8 in places - heck it's at least worth a rent!  Enjoy!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Ontrack on January 22, 2008, 03:55:36 PM
Tiny Tim-my wife also thinks I'm strange-actually she calls me a 46 year old that acts like a 17 year old-I take it as a compliment, but I don't think she intended it to be one...American Pie-Beta House...if you liked the others, you gotta see this one! More of the same, except this one has more, if you know what I mean. ;) ;D

Bought it about a month ago, or so, and finally viewed it Sunday night.  Could have done without one scene, but that one made another a whole lot funnier than it would have been without it.............I'll be watching it again. :)

Ontrack

TT-I bet I know exactly which scene your talking about ;) :P

Tiny Tim

Behaving Baaa-dly..... :D

Ontrack

;D Yep, that's the one!!! ;D

Artmiester

GREAT LISTS!!
My son opened an account for me at Netflix for Christmas and now I'm addicted. Over 90,000 movies to choose from and with their rating feature and forums in all genres you can't beat it. All the favorites are there, weather it be classic movies, TV shows, documentaries, TV or cable channel series and all the current stuff. Very reasonable plans available and with an unlimited 3 disc plan you can easily view 15 a month for about a buck apiece. All this is done through the mail and you never have to lift a pen. Does this sound like a commercial? Sorry. Anyway, I haven't stumped them yet and got some pretty obscure films like "Blood Feast" and "Two Thousand Maniacs" which only showed at drive-ins back in the sixties. Check it out. ;D ;D
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

Ontrack

You're right on, Artmiester. I (we) have been members for over a year now. I've watched more movies since I've been a member than I've seen in my whole life. I wasn't real pleased at first with their turnaround time. It would take 6 or 7 days from when I mailed one out until I got the next one. They have since opened a new center about 3 hours away. If I mail one out on Monday, I'll have the next one by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. Now the wife wants a Blu-Ray DVD player... ::) :-\

Artmiester

Hi Ontrack,
Yeah, it all depends on where the mailing center's located. Mine's only 4 miles away. If I mail one back on Monday I'll get one back Tuesday or the latest, Wednesday. My son has quit watching broadcast TV except for the news (CNN) and catches up on series he missed (sans commercials) and current movies. Also the more ratings you enter the better your recomendations get. Also went to the 4 disc plan and made a profile for the wife with one disc so she can watch her romance-kissy-face stuff and documentaries at her leisure.  It's great! ;D ;D
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

Carter

Christmas Vacation
Shawshank Redemption
Planes Trains & Automobiles
Field of Dreams
Pale Rider
Star Wars (all of them)

West Coast Kansan

Men in Black (origional). Best hidden one liner movies ever.  Watched it a half dozen times and still hear a new one  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

smokin stu

Life Aquatic
Sawshank Redemption
At Play in the Fields of the Lord
Rob Roy

My six year old watched Charlottes Web and the whole movie is about a pig not wanting to go in the smoker.  The film included sinister and scary shots of the smoke shed.  He asked me some direct questions about my OBS after that.  I told him.  We ate smoked pork the next day.  Good boy.

La Quinta

STU...that's a great movie...throw in a chicken for the kid for gosh sakes!!! (Although the chickens were nice too!!)!! :)