Thinking Pork Tenderloin and veggies for Sunday dinner....

Started by SmokinHotMama, January 23, 2008, 01:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinHotMama

You guys and gals have any ideas for preparation?    :)
Life is too short...  Nothing but FUN!

owrstrich

there is only 1 way to prepare a pork tenderloin... thats hammered breaded and fried...

j o
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

bullsi1911

My first smoke was tenderloin.  All I did was salt and pepper rub, and a 3 hour apple wood smoke.  It was excellent

Ontrack

Hey mama-the first thing-and I'm sure you know this-is to make sure you get a tenderloin and not a loin. It took me several years to figure out there was a difference. I was young then, and the difference wasn't that important. I've injected, rubbed, both, but I think our favorite here is a garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper,and oregano rub. Not real heavy on anything, just a pretty even mixture. Now, for the kicker. I invited some of my English friends over for a pork t-loin smoke/pool party/drunkfest this fall, and one of them brought a jar of Colman's mint sauce. I said "no way, not on my pork" right before I tried it. The only other mint I had ever tried was a mint julep at the KY Derby, and it was sickening. This brought the pork to a whole new level. I have since ordered my own supply, and won't eat a t-loin without it. I still eat some of it without the mint, but very little. Before you scrunch up your nose at me and the idea, give it a try! :)

La Quinta

Mama...I do mustard and oinkr rub (from Ice). I'm kind of a spicey freak so I use horseradish mustard...overnight in the fridge...smoke to whatever "doneness" you're comfortable with the next afternoon/evening. I usually roll it around on the grill for 5/10 minutes when it comes out of the Bradley...not to cook it...just crust that baby up!! Good luck...let us know how it comes out whatever you do!

OnTrack...sorry I'm doing the scrunchy nose thing...but my husband thinks it would be awesome! He's a Brit. He loves mint anything! I'll try it though...what the hell...ya only live once right? :) :)

Ontrack

LQ-stop with the scrunchy already-my wife is the pickiest eater on the east coast-and now she loves it. I'm sure your husband has heard of the Colman's brand? What part of the UK does he come from? All of my "mates" are from the Liverpool area.They all work for a mining machinery company here in Virginia, but go back home 3 or 4 times a year on "business" trips and beg me to go with them. It's always a man only trip, and I just can't have a good time without the wife, so I don't go. Really, I mean it. She's the designated driver. ;D

Consiglieri

Can't go wrong with garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.

Here's a different recipe I tried and liked:  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=6481
Consiglieri

La Quinta

He is from Northhampton...he loves Colemans...buys the powder makes the mustard from the dry! He loves mint...I'm not really partial to it ..he puts it on lamb...he even likes mint jelly (dear god...help us all) but...he makes a great chicken vindaloo...so I keep him around!! Oh yeah...his lamb samosas are killer too!! :)

Ontrack

I really don't know where Northhampton is-in fact I don't have a clue-but if he's half as cool as my English buds, he's a heckuva good dude. Now, for me, try just a little dab of mint on your next pork tenderloin and let me know what you think.

Gizmo

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Ok..OnTrack...I'm a trooper. I will really try anything once...many times twice just to make sure! :)

PS...Norhthampton is about 60 miles north of London. I believe they call it "the midlands"?

Ontrack

OK LQ-I'll be waiting  on your phone call telling me how delicious it is, how you wish you would have tried it years ago, how you'll never eat another PT again without it, and how truly wonderful I am for suggesting it... ::)

SmokinHotMama

Thanks for all the tips... YOU GUYS ROCK!  ;)  I do have to say though....  I am alittle skeptical of the jelly...  I am really not a mint jelly eatin' kinda gal...  he-he!

Would your wrap it in anything...  Besdies the bacon, of course...  Bacon makes everything better!  I mean, would you wrap in in foil or something to keep it moist?  However, if I do that, than it won't get smoked...?  I kinda think I might be having a "blonde" moment right now...  LOL   :o

SmokinHotMama

LaQuinta...  I just got some of that "oinker" rub from the Iceman...  I am definately going to put a little of that one there...  I have to try it out, ya know...  I am looking forward to it!  YEY!

Ontrack

Mama-it's not jelly-jelly sucks. It's a mint sauce. It's grated, chopped mint with its own squeezed liquid-I'm not a mint person, but it is really good. Maybe La Quinta can get her husband to describe it a little better than I can...