My New Cold Smoke Setup...

Started by Mr Walleye, October 20, 2007, 08:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kane

hey Mike,

I take it you hot smoke using the same setup . letting your PID control the tower heat? Do you have problems getting temps up?   I have my unit vented in the garage as well and I like the preventative safety measures with your system.

Mr Walleye

Kane

You are correct, I do use the cold smoke setup for hot smoking as well. I really haven't had problems getting up to temp although it really depends on the load. For an example I did 6 full racks of ribs the other day and it did take a while to get up to temp when I put the ribs in but once it got there it maintained it no problem. It really depends on the size of your load which is kinda that way even with the generator mounted in the tower. It makes sense that it may take slightly longer to get to temp but with it inside of the garage with a constant temp around 65 degrees it works pretty good. Certainly better than outside with our current temps.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Kane

yea, Ill have to keep an eye out for a suitable box to use. I have access to steel and/or aluminum. Im sure I could fabricate something nice. will have to give it some thought. right now I want the DigiQ.  ;D

yul

Wow Mike, I am impressed, that is one neat set up. Quick question, is that your PID set in the white tube on the shelf in the last picture. Maybe that could be the way for me to go seeing as I am having such trouble finding the Radio Shack box. If it is can you direct me to the post describing how it was made. Large plumbing fixtures maybe?

Brian.
Brian. Montreal.

Mr Walleye

Brian

Your right, that's my PID. Here is the link to some pictures of my PID. Another place you should check out is an electrical supply store. They have lots of small boxes that might work as well.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4735.0

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes