20 minute timer....how???

Started by Thevenin, November 19, 2004, 07:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thevenin

Ok my question is how the 20minute timer works.  My normal routine is to turn on the generator and the Bradley and let it come up to temp.  Then right before putting in the meat I put in the pucks.  Once the meat is in I give the magic 3 pushes.  

Now my question is does the 20 minute timer reset with the advance button or Should I just push it twice and let the first timed push reset the system and get the first puck on the hot plate?

Or does the timer start when the generator is switched to the on position and toggling the power switch would reset the timer.

It would bug me to just kinda loose the first puck due to the vagories of the 20 minute timer.

Thev.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

timer resets when you push the advance button,

jake

Mine resets with the power switch or the advance button. If I start my generator with pucks in it 60 min later I have a puck on the burner.

3rensho

Jake,

I get the same behavior with mine.  For my last smoke I wanted to pre-heat the smoker about 45 minutes, then add the meat and let it dry for an hour without smoke.  So, I turned the power switch on, set the slider and loaded pucks thinking that none would advance until I hit the advance button.  No such luck.  I happened to go out and check during the initial pre-heat period and by chance caught a puck advancing.  I unloaded all pucks by hand, completed the pre-heat, then dried the meat and finally added the pucks, hit the advance three times and was off and smoking.

Tom

Smokin' in Switzerland
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.