iceman

Got to play this weekend.
5 pound stuffer

Krupps slicer and mandolin

Hobart slicer, Hobart cuber, 15 pound stuffer, Buffalo chopper

Spice mixer

Hand grinders and horn stuffer

This thing is the ticket for good hot dogs

Had to have some fun and take a break to play with my food!  :D ;D ;)

Arcs_n_Sparks

iceman,

What is the last machine?

bigredsmoker

Ya Ice, What is the last one? I just saw one of those for sale used at a comercial kitchen supply store here in town and I couldn't figure out how it worked.

MRH

Has me curious too. ;D

Mark

bullhead

Ice you have some nice toys. Just had all of my toys out last week. ground 285# of burger (milk cow) and did the rest of the deer meat. 50# brats, 25# summer sausage, 25# hotdogs, 20# snack sticks.The OB ran for 58hrs smoking all but the brats.

iceman

Last machine they call a rotary chopper or as the industry named it a Buffalo Chopper. The meat is fed into the bowl and it rotates it past high speed cutting blades and emulsifies it very quickly into the texture of hot dogs and such without heating the meat up. Makes a heck of a bologna mix too.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: iceman on March 04, 2008, 10:49:13 AM
Last machine they call a rotary chopper or as the industry named it a Buffalo Chopper. The meat is fed into the bowl and it rotates it past high speed cutting blades and emulsifies it very quickly into the texture of hot dogs and such without heating the meat up. Makes a heck of a bologna mix too.

Wow! I would love to have one of those Buffalo Choppers, the last time I used my food processor to emulsify the meat and fat to make brats, I almost burned the motor out.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Scotty-G

So, for the ones that purchased the Weston Supply 10" or 12" slicer - HOW IS IT?

Also, does anyone have their phone number?  Their website has been down all week and I've haven't been able to get it.

Thanks

MoSmoke

I sliced some turkey breast with the 12" slicer and it worked really great.
Clean up was a bit trying.
Also the beast is heavy.
The Phone number is 1-800-814-4895 for US and 1-440-638-3131 for outside the US.
They will answer the phone "PRAGOTRADE" not Weston Supply, so don't be put off by that.
The Surgeon General may have been right, "Smoking is Addictive".

bigredsmoker

OK, this is a long dead thread, but I have a question for those that bought the 10" slicer from Weston. How does the blade sharpener work? Pictures would be helpful. I e-mailedWeston and got no response so I thought I would try here. Thanks!

FLBentRider

Quote from: bigredsmoker on December 15, 2011, 03:08:43 PM
OK, this is a long dead thread, but I have a question for those that bought the 10" slicer from Weston. How does the blade sharpener work? Pictures would be helpful. I e-mailedWeston and got no response so I thought I would try here. Thanks!

I'll have mine out next week to slice some bacon. I'll try to remember to take a pic of the sharpener in action.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

cgaengineer

Quote from: MoSmoke on February 19, 2008, 05:03:33 PM
My 12 inch slicer came today. It is huge and heavy.
Might have been better off with the 10 inch model.
I'll have to get a cart or something to store this beast on because I won't be moving it on and off of the counter.
It looks well built and well worth the $122.
Though the proof will be in the slicing.

My 12" Anvil is 80 pounds...it's a beotch to move!
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

cgaengineer

Quote from: winemakers on February 20, 2008, 07:55:41 AM
I will try without freezing first.  I would expect with a sharp blade on a good machine the slicing should be adequate, but we'll see.

It works much better partially frozen...
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

bigredsmoker

Thanks FLBent. Sliced 10lbs. of bacon yesterday (No partial freeze) and it went OK. Does anyone else have problems with the slicer not slicing all the way through on the bottom and leaving a thin piece on the big piece you are slicing from? Not sure I am describing what is happening well. Maybe the freezing would help the problem.

FLBentRider

Quote from: bigredsmoker on December 16, 2011, 06:08:39 AM
Thanks FLBent. Sliced 10lbs. of bacon yesterday (No partial freeze) and it went OK. Does anyone else have problems with the slicer not slicing all the way through on the bottom and leaving a thin piece on the big piece you are slicing from? Not sure I am describing what is happening well. Maybe the freezing would help the problem.

I sometimes put a cutting board on there to raise the meat to be sliced up when it is wider than the deck, like pastrami or bacon. Mine does the "blade stall" if I push it harder than it wants to go.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!