Books??

Started by blufmtnboy, February 13, 2008, 07:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blufmtnboy

Can anyone recommend some good books on food smoking.

Gizmo

Limited to smoking or curing and smoking?
None of these are specific to the bradley smoker but are great books for reference, techniques, and recipes.

Smoke and Spice by Cheryl and BIll Jamison
Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas
Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking and Curing by Rhulman and Polcyn
Marinades, Rubs, Brines, CUres & Glazes by Jim Tarantino
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Hi blufmtnboy and welcome to the forum.

I will "second" Gizmo's selections he listed. I have the first 3 on his list and they are considered "the" books to have by not only many on this forum but many other forums as well.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

blufmtnboy

Thanks for the info. No books on this in local stores and I hate ordering books then finding little useful info in them.Great site,  I love it!

Consiglieri

I have Smoke and Spice and like it.  I like Paul Kirk's book, Championship Barbeque, too.  Never had a bad recipe out of that one and a good discussion of techniques and meat. 
Consiglieri

bigredsmoker

I got the Charcuterie book and love it. Will have to look into the other books as well.

yul

Hi Blufmtnboy, welcome to the forum, you will like this place, lots of friendly people who are always ready to help out a newbie. After reading all the rave reviews about "Smoke and Spice" I looked for it in my local  book store. I finally tracked down their last copy . They said it was the most popular book on BBQ that they had ever had.  This is one great book, everything is covered from Prime Rib to Hot Dogs.
I tried to get it at the US price shown on the cover but no luck, a $6 difference for some reason when our dollar is at par. Still worth every cent.
Brian.
Brian. Montreal.

Mr Walleye

Brian

If you are ever looking for books again try doing a search on www.amazon.ca for it. You can select the free shipping as well. I've bought all mine on there. The Canadian (.ca) version of Amazon really only has books and cd's on it.

Mike

yul

Thanks for the tip Mike. You mean we get something for freeeeeeeeee.
Brian. Montreal.

Mr Walleye

I know, I know... That never happens in Canada!  :D

Mike