Author Topic: meat grinders  (Read 11901 times)

Offline dick621

meat grinders
« on: February 23, 2008, 01:12:46 pm »
Anyone have any input about the Tasin grinders.  See some on e-bay , new for 165 + 20 s&h .  I am looking for something that will grind chicken, bones and all for my dog plus meat for hamburger and sausage..
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

Offline acords

Re: meat grinders
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 01:26:41 pm »
I checked here http://www.onestopjerkyshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=47.  $185.00 free shipping plus a free knife. 
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Offline dick621

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 02:19:34 pm »
Thanks Accord,  Thats the same as the one on e-bay.  Id like to hear if anyone has used one or knows any first hand experience with them.  My wife cuts up chicken for our dog and its quite a chore.  A grinder would make it a lot easier, but I want to get the best I can for the money.  Price wise this don"t look bad, and the ads look good but I trust the people on this forum more than the ads.  Thanks
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

Offline dick621

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »
Did'nt get anyone that had experience with the Tasin so bit the bullet and bought the Cabelas 1hp.  Now just have to use it.
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

Offline Mr Walleye

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 03:27:21 pm »
Hi Dick

I have the Cabelas 1 HP as well. Man this thing is a beast that likes to eat meat! This sucker grinds at an incredable pace! I just cut my meat into strips (about 1.5 inches by whatever length) instead of cubes (much faster this way) and it just gobbles them Up. You'll be happy with it.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Offline dick621

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 07:43:38 am »
Thanks Mike.  I am trying to decide what to make first.  Probably be some fresh sausage.  Also want to try it on whole chicken, bones included for dog food.  Sausage first tho I think.
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

Offline drano

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 04:55:05 pm »
This one looks just like the Tasin, for $99.  Might be worth looking into.  Lots of positive reviews. 
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_36989_36989

When I was at Cabelas yesterday, I looked at their grinders.  I currently use the kitchenaid grinder attachment.  The $169 Cabelas grinder didn't seem much better than the kitchenaid, so I'll stick with what I have, then get a commercial style Cabelas grinder in a couple years.  Gotta have more toys.

get smokin
Drano

Offline Arcs_n_Sparks

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 05:10:48 pm »
drano,

Got the 1/2 HP Cabelas, and is plenty of grinder for what I do. For calibration, I do 5 to 10 pound batches of sausage at a time, and it takes longer to set up and clean up than grind. I too had a Kitchenaid attachment before I cracked the housing. With bigger grinder necks, you've have a little more hold-up, which is probably okay for the guys here grinding up half a deer.   :D

A_n_S

Offline Piker

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 01:54:18 pm »
I have used the Tasin from northern tool for a few years with no problem just take a little time to cut the meat in small strips. It will grind about 150 lbs per hour.I do not make a whole lot at one time so the size is just rite and I put all parts in dishwasher with no problems. I think the price is down to 69.00 plus shipping

Offline La Quinta

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 05:19:02 pm »
Just out of curiosity Arcs...what were you grinding when you cracked the KitchenAid? I do 8-10 lbs of sausage/pork and never had an issue...

Offline Smoking Duck

• Member Extraordinaire
    • La Cosa Smokestra Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 05:48:50 pm »
Knowing Arcs, he was probably trying to do some space/time continuum thingy............ :D

Therefore, I remain, drinking in close proximity

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Offline KyNola

• Moderation Team
  • KCBS CBJ
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 06:09:26 pm »
Duck,
I know you've been out of commission for a while so I think it only fair that I remind you of the danger of breaching Arc's force. :o  Venturing off into Arc's time/space world can be extremely frightening and to mention drinking at any level can only serve to conjure up.....................................Arc,..is that you?  ???

Count down,3...2...1...

KyNola :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Offline La Quinta

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 06:10:01 pm »
He must have picked up something on a "trip" that he thought might be tasty!! :)

Offline Arcs_n_Sparks

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 06:12:07 pm »
Did someone say "beverage?"

Just grinding pork butt for sausage. I suspect age had more to do with it then what I was grinding...

Arcs_n_Sparks

Offline Smoking Duck

• Member Extraordinaire
    • La Cosa Smokestra Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 06:29:51 pm »
Duck,
I know you've been out of commission for a while so I think it only fair that I remind you of the danger of breaching Arc's force. :o  Venturing off into Arc's time/space world can be extremely frightening and to mention drinking at any level can only serve to conjure up.....................................Arc,..is that you?  ???

Count down,3...2...1...

KyNola :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Every time I see one of Arc's posts, I conjure up an image of this robot with arms flailing all over the place and in a weird voice, I hear, "Danger, Will Robinson." 

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra