meat grinders

Started by dick621, February 23, 2008, 01:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dick621

Anyone have any input about the Tasin grinders.  See some on e-bay , new for 165 + 20 s&h .  I am looking for something that will grind chicken, bones and all for my dog plus meat for hamburger and sausage..
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

acords

Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

dick621

Thanks Accord,  Thats the same as the one on e-bay.  Id like to hear if anyone has used one or knows any first hand experience with them.  My wife cuts up chicken for our dog and its quite a chore.  A grinder would make it a lot easier, but I want to get the best I can for the money.  Price wise this don"t look bad, and the ads look good but I trust the people on this forum more than the ads.  Thanks
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

dick621

Did'nt get anyone that had experience with the Tasin so bit the bullet and bought the Cabelas 1hp.  Now just have to use it.
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

Mr Walleye

Hi Dick

I have the Cabelas 1 HP as well. Man this thing is a beast that likes to eat meat! This sucker grinds at an incredable pace! I just cut my meat into strips (about 1.5 inches by whatever length) instead of cubes (much faster this way) and it just gobbles them Up. You'll be happy with it.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

dick621

Thanks Mike.  I am trying to decide what to make first.  Probably be some fresh sausage.  Also want to try it on whole chicken, bones included for dog food.  Sausage first tho I think.
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

drano

This one looks just like the Tasin, for $99.  Might be worth looking into.  Lots of positive reviews. 
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_36989_36989

When I was at Cabelas yesterday, I looked at their grinders.  I currently use the kitchenaid grinder attachment.  The $169 Cabelas grinder didn't seem much better than the kitchenaid, so I'll stick with what I have, then get a commercial style Cabelas grinder in a couple years.  Gotta have more toys.

get smokin
Drano

Arcs_n_Sparks

drano,

Got the 1/2 HP Cabelas, and is plenty of grinder for what I do. For calibration, I do 5 to 10 pound batches of sausage at a time, and it takes longer to set up and clean up than grind. I too had a Kitchenaid attachment before I cracked the housing. With bigger grinder necks, you've have a little more hold-up, which is probably okay for the guys here grinding up half a deer.   :D

A_n_S

Piker

I have used the Tasin from northern tool for a few years with no problem just take a little time to cut the meat in small strips. It will grind about 150 lbs per hour.I do not make a whole lot at one time so the size is just rite and I put all parts in dishwasher with no problems. I think the price is down to 69.00 plus shipping

La Quinta

Just out of curiosity Arcs...what were you grinding when you cracked the KitchenAid? I do 8-10 lbs of sausage/pork and never had an issue...

Smoking Duck

Knowing Arcs, he was probably trying to do some space/time continuum thingy............ :D

Therefore, I remain, drinking in close proximity

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

KyNola

Duck,
I know you've been out of commission for a while so I think it only fair that I remind you of the danger of breaching Arc's force. :o  Venturing off into Arc's time/space world can be extremely frightening and to mention drinking at any level can only serve to conjure up.....................................Arc,..is that you?  ???

Count down,3...2...1...

KyNola :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

La Quinta

He must have picked up something on a "trip" that he thought might be tasty!! :)

Arcs_n_Sparks

Did someone say "beverage?"

Just grinding pork butt for sausage. I suspect age had more to do with it then what I was grinding...

Arcs_n_Sparks

Smoking Duck

Quote from: KyNola on April 30, 2008, 06:09:26 PM
Duck,
I know you've been out of commission for a while so I think it only fair that I remind you of the danger of breaching Arc's force. :o  Venturing off into Arc's time/space world can be extremely frightening and to mention drinking at any level can only serve to conjure up.....................................Arc,..is that you?  ???

Count down,3...2...1...

KyNola :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Every time I see one of Arc's posts, I conjure up an image of this robot with arms flailing all over the place and in a weird voice, I hear, "Danger, Will Robinson." 

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra