Turkey Breast

Started by wicz, March 17, 2008, 12:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wicz

I am going to do a Turkey Breast this Saturday.  This is my first time doing a turkey breast.  Just looking for a few pointers from anyone.  Thanks.

Tiny Tim

I like to soak mine overnight in a mix of about half a bag of MTQ dissolved in enough water to cover the piece of meat, then use 4 hours of smoke and go for 163 or so IT.  Usually have the cabinet temp at 250-275 (depends on my mood).

Ontrack

Look under "search" for a turkey breast post by Stickbowcrafter. It's a delicious no-brine dry rub turkey that is about as easy as it gets. If I didn't have to run, I would find it and post the link for you, but sorry, gotta go!

Mr Walleye

Here is the post Ontrack was refering to by Stickbowcrafter and it looks real good!  ;)

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=6151.0

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Wicz, good to hear from you again.  Keep in touch  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

wicz

Thanks for all the reply.  That Turkey breast looked great by Stickbowcrafter.  I am going to try this.

Smoked Honey Glazed Turkey Breast

This smoked turkey breast is tender and sweet. The long smoking time allows it to be more flavorful and tender, so keep it low and slow.
INGREDIENTS:
•   1 skinless turkey breast (3 to 3 1/2 pounds)
•   1/2 cup honey
•   1/4 cup dry sherry
•   juice of one lemon
•   1 tablespoon butter
•   1/2 teaspoon salt
PREPARATION:
Heat honey, sherry and butter in a saucepan over a low heat long enough to melt the butter. Stir until even. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and salt. Let cool. Wash and pat dry the turkey breast. Place everything in a resealable plastic bag. Seal and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, but not more than 24 hours. Prepare smoker. Smoke turkey breast at a temperature between 225 degrees F. and 250 degrees F. for 2 1/2 to 4 hours depending on the size of the turkey. The breast will be done when it has reached an internal temperature of 170 degrees F.

Ontrack

That looks great, wicz. The only way I've ever done a turkey breast on the Bradley is Stickbowcrafter's recipe, and I've done it 3 or 4 times. It has always come out moist and delicious. Let us know how yours turns out because I'll probably give it a try! :)