First Smoke !!!!!

Started by Big Mike, February 26, 2008, 08:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLAREGO

renegade for the jerky part i would stick with the most of 2 hours of smoke especially if your keeping that damper closed. I Use the devils puck(mestique and only apply maybe an 1.5 of smoke) the dehydrator part is essential to give you the better product

Renegade

Good information - I have a Question though - What does  FTC mean?

Wildcat

Wrap in Foil, then in a towel, and place in a cooler.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Renegade

Can you explain how the FTC method you describe helps the meat?

Arcs_n_Sparks

Well, when I Fill The Cup with my favorite adult beverage, the meat always tastes better.....   :D :D :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

Renegade

Gizmo

FTC helps give you a time buffer between when your smoke/cook is finished and when you need to serve as in prepping all the other food or waiting for guest to arrive.  Smoking times are not a an exact science and most here would say when smoking, it is done when it is done.  Low and slow allows the meat to do its thing as all meat is not equal so therefore cook times are not equal either.

I use a modified FTC in that when the meat is done smoking, I typically foil wrap or boat briskets, butts, and ribs and finish their cook time sealed in the foil environment.  In my experience, this helps keep the moisture in and also helps to tenderize the meat.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Renegade

Very Interesting Gizmo - I will try the foil method you talk about!

CLAREGO

rene ftc as explained is good. there are all kinds of methods to smoke a butt my favorite and is the shortest of them all is to smoke it 4 hours then i get saran wrap premium wrap it up in there then foil and i throw it in the oven often times i get them done faster 2 hours faster. then i ftc it again for atleast an hour.. 6 hours for a good size butt is not bad !

Artmiester

Good work Big Mike! Ice's sauce is the only way to go. Try his Oink'er Rub too. Perfect combination. ;D ;D
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

iceman

Quote from: Arcs_n_Sparks on March 17, 2008, 08:08:31 PM
Well, when I Fill The Cup with my favorite adult beverage, the meat always tastes better.....   :D :D :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

Did I hear the klink of ice cubes and did someone say drink???  ;D :D