PID questions.....

Started by westernhunter, February 26, 2008, 08:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westernhunter

Brian,

I am at Pitt but take call at UPMC Presby.  If you ever want to get together to hunt, make sausage, or smoke something up, just let me know.  In fact, if you want to help show me the ropes, I would be glad to bring over a bunch of goose and the ingredients to make some sausage and then split it with you.  I still don't know many folks out this way yet.

The guy I bought my grinder, mixer, etc. from is down near Houston.  He lets guys come in for hog hunts for just $100 per night, and you can take 2 hogs per day.  For that price he puts you up in cabins but does not feed you.  I have never hunted hogs, but would love to do it.  They really lean towards archery hunting for the hogs at his place.  I will definately be planning a hog hunt sometime soon.  I would love to bring home a bunch of meat to smoke up!

Joe
If we are not supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat??

flipperz71

Delicious pictures...  I would be willing to chip in for some beer as well, and I will donate a lawn mower  ;D
Will you be sharing some of the recipes for these masterpieces? 

Flip

westernhunter

Okay, the parts are ordered.....cannot wait to tackle this PID project!

Good chance that I will be posting on here if I hit any roadblocks.

Thanks again to all for the input.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat??

Stickbowcrafter

Sounds good Joe. Send me an e-mail and I will pass along my phone number. I'm no expert but I'd be happy to help you along. Finding time is the biggest problem but it sounds like you know all about that. Turkey season is coming up soon and there are a ton of birds around here. Plenty of grouse, pheasant and dove too. Coyotes have been increasing in numbers too lately.

Flipper, all those pictures are from posts I've done here on this board. Do a search of the product you are interested in and you'll find my posts that include recipes, pictures and the process. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll answer your questions.

-Brian

flipperz71

Got the recipes Stickbowcrafter.  Thanks.  I am going to do some bacon this weekend..  It looks awesome...

Flipper