A question from the new guy...

Started by Herecometheirish43, March 09, 2008, 12:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herecometheirish43

So, I,'m here at the firehouse, smoking our chow and I notice that sometimes the puck advances and sometimes it doesn't.

It seems this is a common problem, can anyone help a brother out!!  Between the runs and the damn pucks not advancing, I could have a station full of belligerent guys, looking at me for answers...not a totally uncommon problem, but sundays are supposed to be easy!

Thanks for the help from all you experienced smokers.

D

pensrock

I had a similar problem and contacted Bradley and they sent me a replacement smoke generator. I have read on here that others were able to fix the problem by blowing out the generator to remove the small wood chips. Hopefully others will soon read this and give more answers.

Welcome to the forum you will find many helpful folks here and a lot of great recipies.

Mr Walleye

Hi Herecometheirish43 welcome o the forum.

Pensrock has ya covered. Certainly if it's new I wouldn't hesitate to phone Bradley and have them correct the problem. In the mean time you certainly could take the cover off it, blow it out with compressed air (make sure you blow out the micro switch un the underside of the slide) and use a little graphite on the slide itself. I would still give Bradley a call and have them solve the problem.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

KyNola

Irish,
Welcome to the forum.  Not much I can add that hasn't already been said.  I had the same issue, opened it up cleaned it out and it didn't fix it.  Then it miraculously started working until today.  Fired it up today, advanced just fine starting out but since I don't trust it anymore I go out everytime it's time for it to advance.  Twice it failed to advance.  Might as well have bought the OBS if I'm going to have to advance pucks manually.

Nonetheless, the smoked chickens turned out great.  Brined for 12 hours then dry rubbed with my BBQ restaurant owner friend's secret rub.  Incredibly good.

KyNola

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  The others have said all I could say.  Hope the issue gets resolved real soon.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Herecometheirish43

Thanks all for the rapid input....I am really impressed with the caliber of the posts and the food!!  I'll call Bradly on Monday...

Thanks again!

D