Smoking Garlic Bulbs

Started by hollyandtheivybhx, March 11, 2008, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollyandtheivybhx

I would have posted this item on the UK board, but it has been down for dasys so I thought I would posty here insted. I have just purchased a Bradley Smoker and have to say I am very impressed. I am wanting to smoke garlic bulbs, but cannot find any posts at all regarding this. Can any other forum member give me some tips on times ect ??

Thanks

Lin

Mr Walleye

Hi hollyandtheivybhx and welcome to the forum. That's quite the handle.

I've never smoked garlic but here is a thread discussing it along with some good safety information.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=2097.0

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

hollyandtheivybhx

Mike,

Thanks for the reply much appresiated. YES !!! What a handle, but can I explain !!!!

I own a small preserve company in the UK called hollyandtheivy.co.uk and BHX is short for Birmingham Airport !! so hollyandtheivybhx  :)

Have a look at the web site at www.hollyandtheivy.co.uk and you will see what I do !!

I have just created using a brinkman hot smoker some very unique Chutneys, but as a previous post on this forum hot smokers are OK for the cooking / smoking of the fruits. I want to do Garlic and sell it at the Farmers Markets we attend in the UK which at the MOMENT EVERY BODY IN THE UK IS SMOKE GARLIC CRAZY !!!!  ;)

Have a look at the products I produce as I know you wont have these in the US !!!  :o

Ontrack

Hi Lin and welcome to the forum. You have an interesting product line. I have several English friends who have introduced me to some very different foods, most of which I like. I can't eat pork tenderloin or lamb anymore without Colman's Garden Mint sauce. ;) Good luck with the garlic.

hollyandtheivybhx

You should try hollyandtheivy.co.uk Mint Jelly !!!!! or Even MEDLAR Jelly made from English Medlers from Ann Harherways Cottage Stratford Upon Avon (Shakespears Mothers Cottage) Lin  ::)

Mr Walleye

Hi Lin

I figured there would a storey behind that name!  ;)

Great looking web site too! I absolutely love garlic in anything but I just haven't tried smoking it yet. Oh ya, I'm a Canadian ehh!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Ontrack

I actually tried some English mint jelly on some lamb, but didn't like it. Too sweet! :P

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  Impressive web site.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

EnglishGuy

hollyandtheivy

Impressive site!  Might have to bookmark it for goodies as I am (obviously) UK based.

Spotted a typo on the homepage (Waiterose/Waitrose)!

I'm going to have a go smoking some garlic tomorrow (if it doesn't snow), when I fire it up to do some cheese.

manxman

Manxman

Helena

Hi. I cold smoke the garlic bulbs that I grow myself - just pop them into the smoker when doing bacon or whatever and leave for 3 to 6 hrs depending how 'smoked' you like them. To cook, I wrap individually in foil after putting a few drops of cooking oil on them, for about 40/45 mins. Delicious squeezed out onto good bread!! Hope this helps. Helena

manxman

QuoteDelicious squeezed out onto good bread!!

Now that does sound good.  :)
Manxman