Help..I think I fried it!!!

Started by westexasmoker, April 26, 2008, 04:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Ok update...measuring across the round piece I have 0 volts, across the inline fuse (resistor looking thing) I have 120 which I think is correct??

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

westexasmoker

You know I'm starting to think customer support may be right and the circuit board has taken a hiatus.  Is there anyway to check it, while I wait for the new one to come in???  That way at least I'd know and it would quit driving me (and probably ya'll) crazy!!  :)

C

NePaSmoKer

Well i have heard that some of the Bradley parts have fallen into the being made in china? syndrome

nepas

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: westexasmoker on April 29, 2008, 05:57:48 AM
Ok update...measuring across the round piece I have 0 volts, across the inline fuse (resistor looking thing) I have 120 which I think is correct??

C

Not familiar with the inline fuse, but you should not see voltage across it if it is intact. Also, not sure if it is an electrical fuse or thermal fuse. Is it wrapped up in something?

Arcs_n_Sparks

Arcs_n_Sparks

westexasmoker,

This was posted today by moondawg:

Quote from: moondawg on April 29, 2008, 01:56:25 PM
  Hey Habanero. Much thanks for the advice! I did as you explained and found out that I had blown the thermal fuse on the back of the unit. I by-passed the fuse (just to check for continuity, not for use) and it started to heat at once.. I called Bradley and spoke to an incredibly pleasant young lady and told her what I had found. She assured me that the new fuse would be shipped right away and that I should be smoking in a week. I can't be happier with the service and the help on this forum. Again, thanks a ton !

Arcs_n_Sparks

westexasmoker

Man I wish I'd have got that lucky..Oh well, got the new circuit board today and put it in, still nothing.  Called support, I gotta say they are pretty awesome, they are sending out new thermal fuse, temp sensor, circuit board and element and we've determined if one of those doesn't fix it I've got a wiring problem, So we'll see!!!  I'm thinking its time to build myself a PID!!!  :) :)

C

tturaider

Westex did you get your new parts in and get it working?
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

westexasmoker

Its ALIVE....not for sure what the cure was, replaced thermal breaker and temp sensor and element...We have power...I feel like tom hanks in castaway..."I made fire!!!!!!!!", I'm a gonna be smokin this weekend, and must say with the help of ya'll and the awesome support from the bradley heaven its gonna happen!  I've still gotta button everything up, but its ALIVE did I mention that  ;D Parts on the way for a pid,  Once again thanks everyone!!!  Oh and I called for parts yesterday and they were here today..Two thumbs up for bradley service!!!!

THANKS

C

Wildcat

This makes 2 happy success stories.  :)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

That kind of customer service is exactly why I'll stay with a Bradley forever.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: westexasmoker on May 01, 2008, 06:11:13 PM
Its ALIVE....not for sure what the cure was, replaced thermal breaker and temp sensor and element...We have power...

You'll want to investigate a bit in order to keep the parts that still work....

Arcs_n_Sparks

westexasmoker

Thats the plan..I jumped off into and just replaced everything,,except the circuit board, so its the element or the temp sensor, or both....But I did hang on to everything and will check those components out....but I was just ready to smoke again....For a small trial did some hamburger patties tonight, in lieu of fajitas for tommorrow.....So far life looks good...Oh yeah and PS I've got me a digi camera, not sure if I know how to work it....I'm old school and use my SLR for storms(thunderstorm activity)  so I'll get there!!!
Hopefully!!!

C

tturaider

Congrats on getting back up and running westex!!
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite