Hey ya'll

Started by westexasmoker, March 29, 2008, 05:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

I must say this is an awesome site...Have been smoking for years but this year has been so dry (hopefully this will change) we've had red flag warnings and burn bans...which means no outside burning.  I don't want to be the one to set the place on fire "It was him, I saw him light his smoker".  So bought a Foreman grill, for grilling, not to bad, but not as good, but at work the other day a gal I work with metioned her parents have a electric smoker..Hmmm do a google and look what I find a Bradley smoker, well since my name is Bradley I told my wife it must be fate..We have not had a brisket in forever, except in the oven.  So as I like to say "Add to Cart" we will have a new OBS within in week..YAHOO.  I'll let ya'll know when it gets here, already have brisket mariadeing and a pork tenderloin jerking...See ya soon, And once again thanks.

Chris
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum.

Lots of fun and good eats ahead and with your experience you'll be a shoe in!  ;)

Keep us posted!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

Welcome to the Forum.
Much knowledge here to be had, little of it mine.  :)
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  Based on your handle I assume you are in West Texas.  If so, what area?  My wife has a sister that lives in El Paso.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

pensrock

Welcome Chris, if you have any questions this is the place to ask. Everyone here is very knowledgable and willing to help out.

begolf25

Welcome aboard Chris. You are gonna love the Bradley and the forum. Lots of great info here.

Bryan

La Quinta

Welcome Westexas man...looking forward to your posts...we are are friendly bunch here (some of us...like me...not so smart) but there are some really smart smoking people on here! Ask questions! Everyone loves to help here!

westexasmoker

Live south of Lubbock on 5 acres, our own little Disneyland!!!  Me thinks I'm gonna have to break down and fire the grill up tonight...yes I'll be careful..but that tenderloin is calling my name..its been sitting in mustard, jalapenos and onions for to long!!! ;D

NePaSmoKer

Welcome westexasmoker

Got family in Lubbock............I love Texas.......Western born meself  ;D out LQ'S way

Anyways have fun post often and eats lots of briskit  ;D

nepas

bullsi1911

Thank God!  Another Texan.  I was thinking I was the only one committing the sacrilege of smoking without fire :)

westexasmoker

Arrgh!... Just found out the smoker won't ship until 4/6....which is Sunday, it won't ship on sunday. Dang it..Oh well can't control the weather (if I could we'd have some rain) or shipping for that matter ;D

C

Tiny Tim

Which model, Tex?  I've got a Black Original sittin' here in a box that I could put on a truck today.

westexasmoker

Thanks for the offer Tim..but actually this will work out pretty good.  I've got a few more things to round up, and I think I'm gonna build a little shed to keep the BS in.  Keep it out of the weather and away from the dogs (they get enough leftovers, they sure can't have the main course  ;D  But once again thanks!!

C

westexasmoker

According to UPS should have the smoker tomorrow...Sweet...the plan is to get her seasoned up; any advice???  And then jump in head first with a brisket for all night then some ribs, chicken and fish Sat.  Am I going to fast to soon???  Oh yea and some rats!!!!

C

Gizmo

Here is a link to Raye's web site for recipes and how to season a Bradley is the direct link here.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/