Help BS going Crazy

Started by DuckterJim, January 04, 2004, 06:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuckterJim

Got new BS for xmas went to season it per instructions and the puck feeder is going crazy. It contiuiously feeds the biscuits and I can get it to stop unless I turn off power supply. Is there a easy fix, or do I have a defective unit. The advance button is not stuck in as another thread mentioned. I need to get it work ASAP as I have some pork in the cure as I speak and planned on smoking tommrow. Thanks in advance to all you pro's.

DuckterJim

james barr

Sounds like you have smoke generator problem.  I had a little different problem with the generator.  It wouldn't advance the bisquette.  I called the company (the phone number in the manual) and told of my problem.  After a few questions they had of my problem they said they would be sending me a new unit.  It arrived in a few days. I was pleased with the response I got from the company.  Good customer support.  Give it a try.  Jim

Kummok

Looks like at least 4 days has passed since your "Yikes!"....hope everything came out okay with your pork. I don't know about pork, but I've had salmon in the brine when a better offer to go catch more Kings came up....I just threw the whole batch in the freezer then thawed and smoked when the fishing adventure was over....everything turned out fine. As I've said in a post on different topic, as many times as I've messed things up, the Bradley just keep pumping out great smoked salmon!

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

DuckterJim

Thanks for response guys, I called Bradley monday and they are sending me a new smoke generator.  I froze the pork and waiting for the truck to get thru all the snow we have had here lately in western washington. Good service, no hassle, on shipping old unit back or other hoops, just a sorry about that and let us rush you a new unit.  Kind of rare to see this kind of service. I am anzious to get started using unit, I have been drooling over my buddies for a couple of years.  Santa was good to me.
DuckterJIm

WonderWoman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DuckterJim</i>
<br />Got new BS for xmas went to season it per instructions and the puck feeder is going crazy. It contiuiously feeds the biscuits and I can get it to stop unless I turn off power supply. Is there a easy fix, or do I have a defective unit. The advance button is not stuck in as another thread mentioned. I need to get it work ASAP as I have some pork in the cure as I speak and planned on smoking tommrow. Thanks in advance to all you pro's.

DuckterJim
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I just experienced the same problem. I bought my partner the BS for christmas and this weekend was the first time to try it out. The feeder is malfunctioning and pushing all the bisquettes in the water pan. We have 6 ruined so far. Time to call Bradley. Wish me luck!

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />great smoked salmon!

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I will personally attest to this!

http://www.chezbubba.com
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?