Pucks

Started by Mardi, November 24, 2004, 08:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardi

Hi All:

I like the concept of the Bubba Pucks.  But, at $14.95 plus $13.95 shipping they are a little out of my price range.  So, I was wondering if anyone had tried to find something that will work like the puck.  I was thinking about wrapping a bisket in thick aluminum foil and using it as a "puck".  Do you think it would work?  If not, has anyone found something that will work?  

Also, does anyone know what is in the "special blend" chips?

jigsup

Mardi,
I just made some yesterday. I took 2 1/4 pipe stock with 1/4 sidewall and cut 9/16 thick. They are hollow so not as heavy as solid steel would be. I then sanded the rough edges so they will slide easily. I haven't tryed them yet but am confident they will work. As for the foil on the pucks, it might work but I think the puck that ends up next to the burner would eventually start to burn through the foil.  If you search through other posts I know I have read other comments on this topic.
If you have to pay someone to make you some you might be better off to buy the Bubba Pucks. Good Luck

jigsup

mrdennisg

excelent idea ...
Now fill the pucks with chips and now you have reuseable bisquets...
hmmmmmmm[;)]anyone try this[?]

Name my Smoker!!!!
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=605&whichpage=3

Chez Bubba

Mardi,

The $13.95 shipping is an unfortunate downfall with RealCart when you only order Bubba Pucks on-line. If you call us & order we will only charge you what it costs ($4.00).

Special Blend is the "hotdog" wood. All the parts go in except mesquite. When they make the pucks, the waste is gathered & thrown into a bin, mixed up & the result is Special Blend. It's a little bit of all other 8 woods. When they make mesquite, the waste is strictly isolated.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mrdennisg</i>
<br />excelent idea ...
Now fill the pucks with chips and now you have reuseable bisquets...
hmmmmmmm[;)]anyone try this[?]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Actually MrD at first glance, I really thought you were on to something, it's an excellent observation.  My belief though, is that you would waste too much time heating up the bottom of the fake puck to get hot enough to smolder chips, that it would not produce the desired result.

Note: My forethought on this is that you would create a puck equal in diameter and thickness to a real wood puck, with a bottom welded on to the pipe so as to resemble a cup or bowl.

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.