The smoke's rollin (w/ pics)

Started by bigredsmoker, March 30, 2008, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigredsmoker

The wife has been craving ABT's for a couple weeks, so I'm doing 24 ABT's, a cut up chicken, and my first fatty. Here are the pics so far.

ABT's under construction:
Stage 1

Stage 2

Ready to smoke

Fatty under construction (Hot Jimmy Dean, cut up little smokies, smoked red onions, cream cheese, bacon, smoked chedder, smoked Habanaro jack)

Fatty ready to smoke:

Chicken and ABT's Ready to go:

All in smoker:

Will try to post finished product pics later. The black russians are going down well, so don't know if it will happen for sure. ;)

Mr Walleye

Looks like tasty grub tonite Bigred!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Man that looks dang good bigred. Enjoy!!! :)

bigredsmoker

Thanks Mike, the Walleye fishing is about to heat up down here. We are going to our cabin on a resevoir in middle Nebraska next weekend. I was thinking about trying to fish for some Walleyes while there. Any early season tips you can pass along? (you being Mr. walleye and all) Have you ever used any of the Gulp products for Walleyes?

hillbillysmoker

Good looking smoking adventure. Some days life is just great.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Mr Walleye

Our season is closed for the month of April and opens on May 3. We have a tourny that weekend, a trip to Northern Manitoba for a week at the end of May and another tournament for 5 days in mid June. Hopefully I can get some fishin' in between all that!  ::)

Up here we use mainly leeches and nightcrawlers. Usually in the spring we will lindy rig with leeches and up to 8 foot snells. We usually get some nice size in the spring. As the water starts to warmup we quite often switch to nightcrawlers and spinners. When we locate them we also will try to jig them.
Late summer and through the fall we will use cranks, spinners and BuzzBombs.

Mike

bigredsmoker

I'm in the middle of my smoke and I check on the smoker and no lights on at all. I check the power cords and everything looks fine, still no power. So I grabo my old digital control unit that was not advancing pucks and swap it out for the unit that was not working and it powers up just fine. I am starting to loose some faith in the Bradley. It seems I have had more thaqn my share of bad luck with the Bradley's. I just don't understand it. I love my Bradley, but these little problems are begining to be not so funny. I read all of these posts about people never having any problems, but it seems like I am having more than my share. I am not one of those people that everything goes wrong for so I just don't get it.  ??? ???

Mr Walleye

That sucks Red! Hopefully you can get it sorted out. I'm assuming your still running with your other generator.

Mike

iceman

That's crazy bigred. That's just plain rotten luck. I sure hope things turn around for you. I've had next to zero problems with any of mine. I'll burn a puck to the Bradley Gods for you  :D ;)

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Mr Walleye

BigRed

I was re-reading your post regarding your "no power" problem this morning and a problem came to mind that I had once.

For what ever reason I had the wire burn off the back of the fuse holder inside the generator. This has happened to a few people on the DBS. When it does there is no power at all. To comfirm this you will need to open the generator up and have a look. Once I replaced the holder itself I never had another problem. I have since added a PID, which of course now supplies the power direct (separate fuse) to the tower so the built in fuse (in the generator) only has to handle the power supply to the generator. Now that I think about it, it probably helps having the power split, so to speak, and having seperate fuses.

If this is what it is you can call Bradley and they will send a fuse holder out to you or you can purchase one from Radio Shack. Here's a link,
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062230&cp=&sr=1&origkw=fuse+holder&kw=fuse+holder&parentPage=search

Mike

bigredsmoker

Thank God I had the old defective smoke generator to finish my cooking. Allthough the smoke was done and I could have finished everything in the oven, but that would have been a pain. All came out well in the end, here are the finished product pics.

Opened up the fuse holder of my smoke generator today and the fuse was stuck in place, it broke off when I tried to pull it out, so I opened up the box. It looks like the fuse holder melted at the middle wire conection. It smells of melted plastic. A call to Bradley and a new fuse holder is suposed to be on the way. The person I spoke with said that maybe it was due to a poor quality extension cord. It's the same one I have been using since I got the smoker, so I really don't think it is that. Oh well, I hope this is the end of my Bradley problems. Thanks for all of the feedback!

Terry

Mr Walleye

Congrats on the excellent smoke Terry!  ;)

Looks fantastic!  8)

Hopefully you get your fuse holder issue sorted out.

Mike

La Quinta

Wow BigRed...you can cook son!! :)

MoSmoke

BigRed
You sure can cook............but I did notice that a few of the ABT's got away when you opened the door.
I've seen enough of those fatties on the site, that I have to try my hand at them.

John
The Surgeon General may have been right, "Smoking is Addictive".