The smoke's rollin (w/ pics)

Started by bigredsmoker, March 30, 2008, 03:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

Looks great!. what did you put on the chicken ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bigredsmoker

Thanks for the compliments, good eats for certain! FLbent, I used Nantucket Off-shore Rasta Rub

A Jamaican Jerk style rub. I really like it as far as Jamaican jerk rubs go. Has just the right combo of spices for me. I found it at Whole Foods. They also have a web site. http://www.nantucketoffshore.com/spicerubspasta.php

mcanik

I count 7 missing ABT after the smoke!

begolf25

Great job Bigred. That is some good lookin grub!

Big Dawgg

Looks great, good job saving the smoke.

Quote from: bigredsmoker on March 30, 2008, 04:15:40 PM
Thanks Mike, the Walleye fishing is about to heat up down here. We are going to our cabin on a resevoir in middle Nebraska next weekend. I was thinking about trying to fish for some Walleyes while there. Any early season tips you can pass along? (you being Mr. walleye and all) Have you ever used any of the Gulp products for Walleyes?

I live in central NE on a lake, where is your cabin located?

GO BIG RED
Dawgg

bigredsmoker

Sherman Res.  What lake are you on?

bigredsmoker

Quote from: mcanik on April 01, 2008, 12:16:26 PM
I count 7 missing ABT after the smoke!
The ABT Bandit strikes again!! I thought I was a little short when I took those out of the smoker.

Mr Walleye

***BURP***

Sorry Terry.... Honest.... I thought it was my smoker!  ::)

I just couldn't stop at 1 or 2 or..... 7!  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Big Dawgg

Quote from: bigredsmoker on April 01, 2008, 05:19:43 PM
Sherman Res.  What lake are you on?

Jeffery Res. South of Brady. Good luck with the fishing, I haven't had a chance to get out yet.
Dawgg

NePaSmoKer

Wow bigred
that is sure some fine looking smoked eats you did there. WTG

nepas

mcanik

Got the fixins for ABTs!! Gonna assemble them tomorrow and smoke em on saturday to bring to a partayy! Hope it goes well!

hollyandtheivybhx

Habanero Smoker

There are many variations of ABT's. Here is a recipe link that describes one version.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=35#post35

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Supacooguy

Hey Big Red, or anyone who knows. What are the details on the outstanding looking "fatty" shown above. I have the ingredients and really want to try this along with the ATB's tonight. Thanks in advance.

bigredsmoker

Hey Supacooguy, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, was out of town for the holiday weekend. The fatty is just Jimmy Dean pork spicy pork sausage rolled out flat. I then through in a bunch of stuff I had in the fridge, rolled it up in the plastic wrp so I could get it all sealed up good, took it out of the wrap and into the smoker at 220 for 2 hours of smoke and an internal temp of 165 and that's about it.
If it's too late I hope your ABT's and fatty turned out good.

Terry