Help wanted from New Yorkers!

Started by manxman, April 17, 2008, 12:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

May seem like an odd request but I have just been for a walk on the beach on a wet and miserable evening here on the Isle of Man, an island situated midway between Ireland and England and several thousand miles away from Long Island, New York!

I have found a "message in a bottle" which looks very genuine and appears to have been thrown in the sea off Long Island on Christmas Day 2007 and turned up on this side of the pond nearly 4 months later in a coke bottle.

Without giving exact details away the address is given as Radcliff Drive, East Norwich, N.Y. 11732

Before I go to the bother of replying could anyone in that area tell me whether the place actually exists!!

Many thanks.  :)
Manxman

Smoking Duck

Manx,

According to mapquest, there is a Radcliffe Dr in East Norwich, NY.  Be sure to let me know how it turns out.....it has the beginings of a great Kevin Costner film  :P

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

iceman

Very interesting Manx. Please keep us posted.

manxman

Wow, thanks for such quick responses folks.  :)

Intend to drop the lady concerned a quick note, will post back to let you know the outcome.

Thanks once again.
Manxman

La Quinta

That is really kool!! Can't wait to hear what happens!! :)

Kummok

QUICK!! Throw it away ManX ...... I can foresee another chick flick my wife will drag me to....  :o :o ;)

yul

:o Wet and miserable evening in the Isle of Man.......impossible, lovely place  :)  :)
Brian. Montreal.

NePaSmoKer

Thats cool manx, keep us posted on how it turns out.

BTW

I threw a bottle in the river once, got a letter back from JD and said to stop drinking  lol

nepas

Gizmo

Manx, That is a totally awesome find and most probably wouldn't have picked it up in the first place. 
Probably should keep the tosser of the bottle's identity a secret.  The polution police would probably throw them in jail for littering the ocean.  Of course you would get a medal for cleaning it up.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

QuoteWet and miserable evening in the Isle of Man.......impossible, lovely place

It is the most lovely place, just that we have had more than our fair share of wet, windy and miserable recently!! Nice that you are a fan yul. ;) :D

I now have a cunning plan to get pucks for my B.S carriage free from the U.S, they can be thrown in the sea off Long Island and turn up on my door step some 3 months later! Just have to plan well ahead and make sure they are well vacuum sealed!  ;) ::) ;D

Quoteprobably wouldn't have picked it up in the first place. 

Beachcombing is one of my favourite pastimes, it is amazing what turns up and past finds have included old world war II mines, part of an RAF sonar device that helicopters dip in the sea to look for submarines and a corpse!! (didn't take that home!!)  :o
Manxman

Gizmo

I hope you didn't take the mines home either.  Wouldn't want to miss ya Manx.   ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

manxman

Quotehope you didn't take the mines home either.

Nah, the ones I found were always ones that had been defused. Occasionally a local trawler would pick up a live one in the nets!  :o
Manxman

iceman

To bad some of those BMW's didn't wash up on shore awhile back when the floods were happening Manx. :D