Reheating Ribs

Started by dscarry, April 21, 2008, 08:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dscarry

My wife is having people over for dinner tonight and wanted me to make ribs. I'm at work today, so I smoked them last night (I didn't sauce or grill them).

I figure I will just sauce them and throw them on the grill for 5-10 minutes tonight to reheat.

Anyone have an opinion on that or suggestions?

Thanks!

iceman

I'd pull them out of the fridge and sauce them a bit then wrap in hd foil and toss in the oven for 20 / 30 minutes at around 300F then finish them on the grill for a couple of minutes. That way they are hot all the way through for sure.

HCT

I enjoy ribs reheated the next day better then the day they're cooked. Can't go wrong. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Ontrack

I agree with HCT on better the next day, with just about everything I smoke. But here is where I get weird...I like them better COLD! Ribs, brisket, pork tenderloin, fish, brats, just about everything but pulled pork. I'll eat it cold, just not on a sandwich. This is one of the many things that make my wife roll her eyes and shake her head at me... ::)

iceman

Quote from: Ontrack on April 21, 2008, 02:34:07 PM
I agree with HCT on better the next day, with just about everything I smoke. But here is where I get weird...I like them better COLD! Ribs, brisket, pork tenderloin, fish, brats, just about everything but pulled pork. I'll eat it cold, just not on a sandwich. This is one of the many things that make my wife roll her eyes and shake her head at me... ::)

And cold pizza too! Are we twins??? :D ;D

La Quinta

Ok...I'm good with the pizza...but fish? Brats? Your wife is a smart woman...but we've already been over that haven't we?? !!! :)

westexasmoker

Probably a little late now since the ribs are for tonight (they may already have been consumed!!)  I like to throw mine in the crock pot on low for a few hours with some AJ and sauce, or the wrapped in foil popped in the oven is always a good plan!  Good luck tonight and enjoy!!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Ontrack

Ice-I will very rarely eat pizza until the next day, cold of course. ;) LQ, yes, we've discussed how smart she is...have we mentioned how lucky she is to have me? In fact, tommorrow is the big 22. We got married on Tuesday the 22nd, tommorrow will be 22 years, Tuesday, the 22nd. I'm sure she's counting her blessings right now... ::)

La Quinta

Yes OnTrack...I believe that with all of my being....(cough...cough...) :)

Gizmo

Gee Ontrack, with all those 2s in the future tomorrow, I hope that doesn't require 2 new dresses, 2 new pair of shoes and last but not least, 2 carrots on the finger.   :o

Ask LQ, she can fill you in on the carrot business.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Iceman can jump in now!!!

Dude...OnTrack...we love carats!! 2 would be good (considering the significance) 3 would be nice too!!! :) She'd appreciate you even more!! (more coughing...I must be coming down with the flu!!!)

iceman

That's it LQ. I'm gonna have to ban Ann from the forum. I think she can sense it when you type in "carrots". Then she wanders around in a daze mumbling something about jewelery stores. :o :D

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Ontrack on April 21, 2008, 02:34:07 PM
...I like them better COLD!

You MUST be married  ;) ;D :o

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

La Quinta

I'm gonna..."you know what" on this one...Arcs...I know youre there...

Arcs_n_Sparks

I am with you, drinking at a distance...   :D