Reheating Ribs

Started by dscarry, April 21, 2008, 08:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Yeah...I remember Stickbow saying that...how long does it dry? I have a convection oven as well...

FLBentRider

I slice it (slightly) less than 1/4 inch. Dries in about 1 hour, usually less, but yours truly left the vent too closed on the OBS when I smoked it, so it was a little wetter than usual going in. Sometimes I don't smoke it if we are in a hurry. We have gone through 20 lbs of meat (for jerky) in a month.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ontrack

FLB-sounds like we have the same Jenn-Aire oven/convection oven. I have never used either in the 3 years here, but it's nice to know it's here if I need it. I wouldn't have a clue what to do, so I'll just stick with my little round dehydrator unit thing for jerky. :-\

La Quinta

Thanks FLBent...worst case...I'll do that...are you electric or gas? I think gas is drier? Electric is hotter? or could be the other way around?

FLBentRider

Ontrack - I just hit "convection" then down arrow to "drying" - then you prop the door open with the little magnet tube gadget - you put it so it closes the little plunger sensor that turns off the fan when you open the door. Set the temp to 200 and go.

LQ - I am Electric - I _think_ electric is drier, since there is no combustion going on, and I think with gas there is a water vapor by-product (I could be wrong here, I am trying to remember from a "Good Eats" episode). I've never seen a gas dehydrator. But then there is the BPS...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!