6-pack beer can chicken holder

Started by Consiglieri, April 24, 2008, 04:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consiglieri

Quite a while back, I bought a "6-pack" beer can chicken holder on ebay.  I want to get one for a friend, but can't find anyplace that's making them. 

Anyone have a lead?

The chorus line is always fun:

Thanks in advance.

Consiglieri

KyNola

Can't help you but I like it!!!!  I only have a double holder.

KyNola

La Quinta

Can't help ya either Consigs...but they are cute little suckers!!! You must be so proud!!! :)

Consiglieri

Yeah, it's really a fun novelty.  Kids like to see the "girls" dancing (Heck, who doesn't  ;)) and the meal is pretty good too.  Throw in a couple of adult beverages and everyone, particularly Consiglieri, is happy. 

If I find a lead, I'll post it.  Looks like I'll need to find someone with some metal working skills for a custom job. 
Consiglieri

tturaider

Con...that would be cool to have cuz I never seem to have enough chicken with just one or two stands!!
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

Consiglieri

Thanks, TT.  I've had a lot of fun with it, but I wish there was a bit more space between birds.  Most of the roasters here are around 5 pounds; without the space, hard to get enough warm air between them (circulation fan?).

If I find a lead, I'll post. 
Consiglieri

aha638

Try a local black smith shop to duplicate it.  Also put your "birds" on back-to-back to get better circulation.

Al

westexasmoker

Not as cool as your six pack one, but I just got back from home depot I always have to go through the BBQ section and scored ChickCan racks by Bayou Classic 2.99 a pop and four fit perfect on a rack!!!!  I guess I better go pick up some yardbirds  ;D !!!!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

tturaider

Con, do you cook those in the smoker or on a grill.  Ive just always done em on a grill and they work great but i wonder if they would work in the bradley.  I know the meat would get done but I love the crispy skin and dont think that would come out too good????? ??? ???

Consiglieri

I use it on the grill, with a foil pan with some water under the grates.  That evens out the temp and helps prevent against flare ups.  I'll use a wood chip box over the heat to get some smoke flavor.  With chicken I only like a little smoke anyway; bird  really hangs on to that smoke flavor.  And a little too much is just plain too much to me. 

Quite a few here will do a beer butt chicken in the Bradley, but I haven't.  I think you're right about the skin.  You could always apply smoke for a while and then transfer to the grill to finish off the bird.
Consiglieri

tturaider

Yea the skin on the bird is almost like the bark from smoking which at times I almost perfer over the meat!! ;D

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Consiglieri on May 03, 2008, 12:05:40 PM
I use it on the grill, with a foil pan with some water under the grates.  That evens out the temp and helps prevent against flare ups.  I'll use a wood chip box over the heat to get some smoke flavor.  With chicken I only like a little smoke anyway; bird  really hangs on to that smoke flavor.  And a little too much is just plain too much to me. 

Quite a few here will do a beer butt chicken in the Bradley, but I haven't.  I think you're right about the skin.  You could always apply smoke for a while and then transfer to the grill to finish off the bird.

Hey Consig,

When you do it on the grill, I assume you're not using direct heat or is that an incorrect assumption?

Thanks!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Consiglieri

Mr. Duck:

When I use the 6 pack, I put a foil water pan underneath, which results in moderated, indirect heat.   All burners on but the infrared.  When I do a single one, I just turn on the left and right burners and cook indirectly. 
Consiglieri

Smoking Duck

Thanks Consig.......and Mr. Duck is my father  ;D ;D ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Consiglieri

Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 04, 2008, 04:08:06 PM
Thanks Consig.......and Mr. Duck is my father  ;D ;D ;D

Actually, kind of a funny story there.  The "Mr." is overcompensation on my part.  Was just the baby and me all weekend long, so we'd see doggies, kitties, etc.  You were almost "Duckie" and when I caught myself, I realized there just wasn't enough testosterone behind that word.  I corrected myself. ;D
Consiglieri