Salmon in the brine!!!

Started by KyNola, April 19, 2008, 01:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Boutch's brine works well on salmon also, but I always go back to Kummock's.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta

Thanks T2...I get it now!! :) Thanks for the booger clarification too!!

icerat4

nice stuff i guess ill go handle a few and get the right feel.i just want it sharp so anything i cut is like cutting butter.Thanks guys

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Kummok

Quote from: pensrock on April 28, 2008, 01:22:31 PM
...... do you think a little cognac in Kummocks brine would hurt? .....

A little cognac in Kummok's GLASS would be even better!!  ;) ;D

pensrock

Kummock,
  Yea, I know it just doesn't sound right using good cognac for brining instead of drinking. But on the plus side, it only calls for four ounces of cognac in the brine..... now I wonder what will happen to the rest of it?  ;D Cheers!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: pensrock on April 28, 2008, 02:49:47 PM
Kummock,
  Yea, I know it just doesn't sound right using good cognac for brining instead of drinking. But on the plus side, it only calls for four ounces of cognac in the brine..... now I wonder what will happen to the rest of it?  ;D Cheers!

You probably can guess why I ran short and had to substitute the Brandy. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

tsquared

QuoteA little cognac in Kummok's GLASS would be even better!!   
Great winos think alike! :D
T2
Kummock PS--Got that new ride lined up yet? I took mine out for a first of the season halibut fish on Saturday--beautiful day but no flatties!
Tom

Kummok

No...still "between boats"  :(  The seller upped the price about $5000 from where he first "thought" he was going to sell it.....no longer the good deal, just another "good boat" for sale. Still down in Seattle though...if I'd bought it, I'd just be pining to get back home and use it.  :'(