Autotune ??

Started by westexasmoker, May 08, 2008, 11:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Ok PID is assemblied and appears to be funtioning   :D Yeah!!! But being that I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, can somebody tell md how to do the Autotune in plain english.  I've read the instructions and kinda get it, but I'd like to be closer than just kinda!!  Thanks

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

What type of PID do you have?

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

Tiny Tim

Get into the menu by pressing and holding the "Set" button until something starts flashing.  Scroll through using the "Set" button until you get to the "At" prompt, and change the "3" to a "2" using the down arrow button.  When it is done, it will automatically change back to a "3".

westexasmoker

I assume this is all done, hooked up like I'm gonna smoke something and the slider switch set to high, right??

C

iceman

Quote from: westexasmoker on May 08, 2008, 02:01:43 PM
I assume this is all done, hooked up like I'm gonna smoke something and the slider switch set to high, right??

C

Yeppers. Set the slider to high.

westexasmoker

Ok I'm holding down the 'Set' button nothing blinks it just scrolls through all of the options I can stop on At but can't change anything....Help!!

C

westexasmoker

Well maybe I just got it, I was able to change to At to 2 and put my set value to 220, slider to high...but I do have Alm1 light on and Out on????

C

westexasmoker

Ok better question, is there a way to get back to factory default settings???  Told ya I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer   ;D

C

flipperz71

I ran my autotune and the temp seems to be off about 13 degrees from what the door temp reads.  I have the t/c hanging in the middle of the cabinet.  The pid reads 200 and the door about 186 or so... I read where someone had the same problems and manually set the P & D values and it worked fine. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Wildcat

4 degree difference is pretty good since the door gauge is further away from the heat source.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

Well I think I finally got it...set the At for 220 reading 216 on my maverick and holding so I think I'm good.  Went thru all of the setting's and put back to factory, and then restarted.  I do still have the Alm1 and Out light on though, but does'nt seem to affect anything.  Big smoke planned for tommorrow, so We'll see!!!

C

Smoking Duck

Good luck, WTS.

John,

I don't ever utilize the door thermometer on the Bradley if for no other reason than because of it's location.  If you have a Maverick, use it.  If you don't, it's a pretty good investment.

What I suggest without utilizing the door thermometer and the Maverick is to simply trust what the PID t/c is telling you.  No real way to check it other than that that I can think of.

Good Luck,

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

Well I've got to report the PID has performed perfectly so far.  Smoked the roast, wraps, turkey legs and abt's yesterday and except for having to go through the At again, it truly was set it and forget it...Don't know how I could not have one now!!   ;D  Thanks for all of ya'lls help on this!!

C