Scallops c/w maple syrup

Started by Thunder Fish, December 04, 2004, 12:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder Fish

Just throwing in a small load of scallops soaked in garlic and maple syrup.Just a shot of Cummin and 1/2 will be done with Olive oil the other half in a Cajun rub.Will keep yas posted later.
 Hopeing to have them cooked within 2 hrs as there the appy for dinner tonight [:o)]

BigSmoker

Sounds good, I think.  Maple syrup and garlic.  I never thought of that before.  What flavor does it impart?  What kind of wood are you using?  How bout a pic of the finished product.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

nsxbill

Sounds good.  What does c/w mean in the title?  Covered with?  Combined with?  Hope you take a picture.  Love Scallops!  Maple syrup should carmelize a bit, and mix well with the garlic.

Please post up results.  Thanks.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Thunder Fish

c/w = complete with.I took about 20 large scallops put them in a bowl,crushed 1 head of garlic over them,added some "granulated" garlic(not garlic powder) about 1 tablespoon,about the same for dehydrated onion,1 teaspoon of cumin mixed them all up and drizzeled 1/2 cup of maple syrup over them and then in to fridge for 4 hrs turning over every hr.
  It is surprising that some of the syrup does get absorbed into the flesh.Lade them out on 1 jerky rack and sprinkled Cajun spice on half of them.The smoker was warmed to 210 and I started of with 1 hickory(for intense flavor NOW) than alternated between apple/cherry for a total of 5 pucks.
  My Radio Shack digital thermometer gave out again(2nd one in a month) so I was on my own,Last time it was warmer out and they took about 1 1/2 hrs.I checked at 2 hrs and they were perfect.I was running the temp about 3/4 of the switch to the high side.
 Company loved them they were tasty the Cajun ones had a bit of bite to them [:p] .I served them with regular seafood sauce.and a curry/honey sauce.
 Sorry no pics never thought of it + I'll have to practice on how send pics to this forum.There were some of the scallops that were gritty(?)but I never dropped them they were rinsed prior to brining.
    Hope this helps [^]