Started by Gizmo, May 13, 2008, 08:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 14, 2008, 06:36:51 PM
Ummmmmmm, I like Mardi Gras and beads............... :D

The more beads you get   ;D

nepas

Smoking Duck

Yea, it took me a while to figure it out, but I left there with over 1,000 bead necklaces when all was said and done  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Gizmo

Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 14, 2008, 06:44:00 PM
Yea, it took me a while to figure it out, but I left there with over 1,000 bead necklaces when all was said and done  ;D

Ahhh, Duck, You were suppose to give the beads away.  :(    Magical things happen when you do.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Giz...I am the happiest woman in the freakin State of Florida right now!!! :) Showed your post to my Mom (about the cheese) and she wanted to cry!!:) "What a nice young man he must be"!!! (Don'tcha just love Moms!!) Anyhoo...I'll be back in the desert on Saturday and figure out what the hell I'm gonna bring..still gotta hook up with WCK and see if we can ride together...hard to do from the other side of the world (where the ocean is on the other side)!!

I'm totally jazzed about eatin bugs!! Thanks!!

T.

West Coast Kansan

LaQ, We will be visiting KS, the true center of the universe. Fly out the 23rd.  Was just poking at Giz to do his routine way over the top plan.  Thinking we got him close now  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

Sounds like an absolute blast Giz!

I wish I could make it but I'm thinkin' my schedule would be a little tight.... I leave the next morning (May 25) at 3:30 am for northern Manitoba for a week of fishin' with some friends, six of us in total.

Sounds like nothin' but fun & good eats though!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Ok WCK...got it...next time...:)

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Gizmo on May 14, 2008, 08:01:35 PM
Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 14, 2008, 06:44:00 PM

Ahhh, Duck, You were suppose to give the beads away.  :(    Magical things happen when you do.

How do you know magical things didn't happen when they threw them to me?  I believe it is far better to give than to receive (well, there are a couple of things that doesn't apply to, but this is a family site so I'll leave it clean)  ;D

iceman

Boy oh boy this turned out to be a really cheesy thread.  :D ;D ;)
Still in the low temps here so I guess I better get after some cold smoked cheese while the getting is good. Got the satellite tv, icemaker, fridge, and hot water plumbed in to the smoke house / dog house so it is time to let the smoke begin. Hope I get in trouble alot this summer so I get sent to the dog house.  :D ;)

Smoking Duck

Quote from: iceman on May 15, 2008, 11:45:13 AM
Still in the low temps here so I guess I better get after some cold smoked cheese while the getting is good. Got the satellite tv, icemaker, fridge, and hot water plumbed in to the smoke house / dog house so it is time to let the smoke begin. Hope I get in trouble alot this summer so I get sent to the dog house.  :D ;)

I can't believe that you have to hope to get in trouble  ;D  It always finds me and I'll bet you're just a bit ornery than I am!

iceman

Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 15, 2008, 11:50:08 AM
Quote from: iceman on May 15, 2008, 11:45:13 AM

I can't believe that you have to hope to get in trouble  ;D  It always finds me and I'll bet you're just a bit ornery than I am!
Dang SD keep a lid on it or everyone will find out  :o ;)

Gizmo

Just to keep the smile on your face LQ, it is in the smoker.
Here is the array of cheese. 

Got a little extra in there too.  Pepper'd Pistacios

Can't pass up the opportunity to have a little more extra to add into other things.  I think a few of these will end up in some green olives after I pluck the pimento out.

Hopefully I won't end up with cheesy garlic paper.  Got up to around 100 deg today.  Cooled down a bit tonight, around 74 deg.  Under the pistacios the probe is reading 85 deg but under the cheese it is 71.  The load is top shelf, Cheese, 2nd down - Cheese, 3rd down is Garlic, 4th down is Pistacios, 5th and 6th shelf positions are open. 

West Coast Kansan

You are THE MAN, Gizmo.  Great looking selection.  What smoke are you putting on them>?  WCK.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

La Quinta

I think I'm gonna cry Giz!!! :) (I cleaned that one up by the way!!!) :)

Gizmo

I did the apple.  I bought some smoked gouda that was smoked with apple and it was tasty.  Wanted to see how I compared.
I didn't get the amount of smoke on this as I wanted.  The puck advance stuck after 1 hour and I didn't notice it for 1 hour.  It was hot yesterday so I started real late (11 PM basically) getting the cheese put on the trays and the setup ready.  Didn't finish vacuum packing until 4AM.  Figured I'd cut 1 hour off what I wanted to do.  Hopefully it will be strong enough or I'll add some later.
The pistacios came out great.  Don't know about the cheese or garlic.

Today is the beef jerky and tomorrow is the Pork Butt (for Mrs Giz's coworker).