Smoked Cheese for LQ

Started by Gizmo, May 13, 2008, 08:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

An hour may be plenty especially on the light cheese. I have been doing an hour and half and am happy with all of them.  Sounds like a good weekend.  I have 2 butts and a brisket this weekend.  I bought some cheese today (your fault) and will try to get it done and take to KS.   ;D

WCK

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Good thing your on the coast!!!!  Was up to 100 today.  LQ would have thought she was at home (well at least during the night when it has cooled down to 100.   ;D ::)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Amazing difference in a few miles...what maybe 20 at the most?  Anyway the Butts are done and the brisket is still hanging in thier... will try to do it tonight when it cools off.  It is like 90 here now... WOW running the AC  8)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

La Quinta

A little hot there boys???!!! :) heh...heh...heh...

Gizmo

Got the butts going right now.  Heat not too bad especially when you're lazying around in the pool.   8)

La Quinta

Uh...I'm not makin fun of ya there Giz...uh...really...you smoked the cheese already...RIGHT? :) :) :)

huhwhatliar

Quote from: La Quinta on May 18, 2008, 03:41:31 PM
Uh...I'm not makin fun of ya there Giz...uh...really...you smoked the cheese already...RIGHT? :) :) :)

I thought Giz just bought the cheese and you were going to smoke it  : ::) :P

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

Gizmo

Smoked and vacuum packed.  Ready for the show next weekend. 

La Quinta

First...thank you Giz...I need to call ya in the next few days to see how we'll find each other there or what...

And Huh...you're pushin it man...really pushin it...:) I could make cheese soup today in the Bradley without even turning it on!!! 110 today...hotter tomorrow I think...oh boy...can't wait..:( 

pensrock

LOL  :D LQ.... smoked cheese soup.... actually that doesn't sound half bad.  :-\

110 degrees?? Where do you live? New Mexico, desert area of Cal.? It's not even summer yet how can you stand the heat? Man I thought it was bad around here when it gets to 90. I'm not a heat person, I'd rather it be 30 degrees out vs 90 degrees. Yea I know.... many people look at me like I'm nuts when I say thet but when you work on 2,000 degree plus furnaces its nice to get away from the heat.

Go PENS!!!!   ;D ;D err I mean the little black and white birds in the tux's.

La Quinta

Hey Pens...yeah I live about 20 miles east of Palm Springs...in "La Quinta" snappy handle huh? :) Anyway...I just walked outside and it was like walking into a blast furnace (which, from your post, you can relate to)!! It is god's country from November to early May...but now...NOT SO MUCH...man it's hot out...suppose to be 111 today...anything over 108 is just plain old every day hell!! But ya know...it's a dry heat...!! :) (And you thought I was kidding about the soup!!!)

Um...go little birds??? :)

Tiny Tim

Quote from: La Quinta on May 19, 2008, 02:51:01 PM
...it's a dry heat...!! :)

Yeah, but so's an oven....and a smoker.  Add in wind and ya got a convection oven.

Story time:  Back in 2000, Labor Day weekend to be exact, I was on my way to Wichita to visit my sister, and bringing my Grandma with me.  My pickup's air conditioning didn't work, and we left just before noon on a day the temp got to 110 degrees.  Hot enough that the vents were blowing hot air, having the windows rolled down made it even worse.  Most miserable 6 hour drive I have ever been on.  Got to the hotel I was staying at (Grandma was staying with my sister), and splashed some water on my face...at this time I noticed that my glasses had actually burned into my face (not bad, just left a little indentation).

Pickup stayed parked until Monday when we left, but it had cooled enough (to about 90 or so) that it wasn't near as bad going home...made it with only 2 pitstops (think there were 6 or 7 on the way down).

La Quinta

90? that's a light sweater Tiny!! :)

Chickenfarmers Wife

90.. haha.. haven't seen above 80 in over 4 years.

I wouldn't mind about 65 right now!  That's swimsuit weather. 

~Jana~

Tiny Tim

I have lots of insulation, so 65 would be about right to do the swimsuit thing....not sure about actual swimming though (does the term "shrinkage" mean anything to ya'll? :D ).  40* I start lookin' for a coat, and I don't start complaining until it hits 0*.  At 80* I start to melt, as evidenced by the liquid that forms on my skin, don't know what else it could be. :D