Bacon wrapped BREASTS

Started by smokin zo, December 05, 2004, 12:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin zo

Yesterday I did 10 chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and injected with a Creole Butter marinade in my BSS. Used apple bisquettes for smoke. Smoked till internal temp. reached 167. The bacon actually shrunk to the chicken almost making it like a crisp skin. The aroma from the smoker was FANTASTIC. Neighbors were coming over asking what I was cooking that smelled so good. Had 4 people for dinner last night. From those 10 breasts, only 1 left[:(].

Enzo

nsxbill

1 left?  Company didn't like them?[:D]

I think I am going to try this the next time I do chicken.  Last breasts I did were pretty dry because I cooked too long.  Did you use skinless boneless. or w/skin.

Souds delicious, Enzo!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SmokinLarry

Anytime you wrap pork around something it's going to taste better. I'll be trying that one. Also would like to know if the breast had the bone in and skin on?? Thought chicken should have an internal temp of 180 Deg.

Chez Bubba

Anytime you combine two of my favorite things, you're bound to enjoy![:D][8D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">1 left? Company didn't like them? [:D] <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Bill you down right cruel this morning....

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

SmokinLarry

Hey Chez

Received my Bubbu Pucks and used them yesterday and they worked great.

smokin zo

Bill:
I used skinless and boneless.
Checked FDA website for internal temps. 165 to 170 is what they recommend for chicken to be juicy. I think 180 degrees would definately dry them out

Enzo

Andy

How long did the breasts take to smoke?  Just wondering sounds good...

smokin zo

About 2 - 2 1/2 hours in the BS. But that was for 10 breasts. Will probably be less time for less amount. Just go by internal temp. of 165 - 170

Enzo

RhinoDoc

I tried this last night, my wife and nine year old daughter loved theirs. I took a page from my friends who dove hunt - they filet the breast, stuff it with jalapenos, then wrap it in bacon and grill it. It is delicious. So I did that with the chicken breast, stuffed it with jalapenos, wrapped it all in bacon. Great flavor! A little bite to it, a  little smoke flavor, a little bacon flavor. I highly recommend giving it a try.

PAsmoker

I saw the topic headline & I thought I died and went to heaven.  Sorry, my bad.
The Original PAsmoker

Habanero Smoker

If you are just cooking chicken breast, you can go as low as 155 degree F for the internal meat temperature.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PAsmoker</i>
<br />I saw the topic headline & I thought I died and went to heaven.  .......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<b><i><font color="blue">PLEASE</font id="blue"></i></b>, tell me you were not thinking of baby oil...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PAsmoker</i>
<br />I saw the topic headline & I thought I died and went to heaven.  .......

<b><i><font color="blue">PLEASE</font id="blue"></i></b>, tell you were not thinking of baby oil...

[:D]LOL[}:)][:D]

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

PAsmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">PLEASE, tell you were not thinking of baby oil...

well....[^]LOL
The Original PAsmoker