Thanks for all the advice!

Started by lumpy, May 16, 2008, 10:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

I smoked 3 racks of ribs yesterday. One rack neat, the other 2 with different rubs. I spritzed the racks every 1/2 hour with apple juice/tortuga dark rum mixture.
I smoked the ribs for 4 hours with mesquite.
The results were that the rubbed ribs were fantastic. Meat just fell off the bones. The neat rib,had a hard skin on the meat and was tough to pull off.
So from now on I will rub my ribs and do the same spritz job. Have to admit, I've been to alot of rib competitions and I think that mine were of equal quality to some of the winners!

Lots of thanks to you guys for all the information and advice that is posted on this site. You guys (and gals) have make the smoking experience alot more enjoyable!

Lumpy...........beauty eh!

Smoking Duck

Lumpy,
Congrats!  The beauty of smoking is that it is all about trial and error.  However, even with the errors, they're quite edible!  Ribs can be tough to get right (at least for me), so kudos on a job well done!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Gizmo

Most excellent Lumpy,
Question, when you say neat, is that with no rub or sauce?  I suspect maybe salt and pepper only?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

Congrats, Lumpy

Ribs and brisket...you never know, but even(what they/I think is bad it's still good) You'll nail it! every smoke is different..Keep smokin.  Thats the beauty of smokin meat, its different everytime, well at least for me..Some are incredible some ya say well I could do better.....Once again just keep a smokin...I don't think you can hit it perfect everytime...but once again the end result is always ....Fabulous!!  And Yum Yum! 

I'm starting to think SD and I were twins, and lost, I've got a duck coming out of the freezer this weekend and time to smoke midweek!!

Once again congrats....and my advice, for what its worth, is keep on smokin....you can't go wrong!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

KyNola

Lumpy,(On Leave it to Beaver, your real name is Clarence Rutherford!)

Welcome to the forum, keep experimenting.  I think that's fun.  That's why we're all here.

KyNola

tturaider

Congrats Lumpy I think half of the fun is the smoking and the other half is the eating.  If you follow what the pros on this site have to say it will come out perfect almost every time.
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: Gizmo on May 16, 2008, 02:11:02 PM
Question, when you say neat, is that with no rub or sauce?  I suspect maybe salt and pepper only?

In my world, that means no additional water...   :o :o :o

Arcs_n_Sparks

lumpy

Hey Arcs_n_Sparks
My neat is the way they come out of the meat counter. No rubs or sauces.
Lumpy

Gizmo

Quote from: Arcs_n_Sparks on May 16, 2008, 09:02:50 PM
In my world, that means no additional water...   :o :o :o

Arcs_n_Sparks

That one I knew about Arcs.

Thanks for the clarification Lumpy.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/